THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    Another gunsmith enters the CZ550 arena...

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another gunsmith enters the CZ550 arena... Login/Join

<redleg155>
posted
I have no affiliation with Brockman's Gunsmithing, but they have recently updated their site with a custom CZ550 in 416 Rigby, 375 H&H and "other" cartridges. The stock they put on looks like a laminate. Thought you'll might be interested in seeing it - here is the link. Once there, follow the "Rifles" link, then click on the "working rifle" link. This could probably go in the gunsmithing section too, but...

http://www.brockmansrifles.com

regards,

redleg

one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the post Redleg. I'm looking for a new stock for my CZ in 375 H&H.

I think Brockman's stock looks like it might have a bit too much drop at the heel for my tastes, but I'm going to look into it!

jpb

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't worry about the drop at the heal thats a correctable demision on request...Some of Jim Brockmans laminated stocks are laminated with exibition English on the outside and man are they nice....That CZ of Brockmans is a lot of gun for the money, I assure you....

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41880 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I called Mr. Brockman. He said he was working on an express stock design for the CZ 550. I hope that is true. No date stated.

Having an express Rigby style real wood stock on a CZ550 is a little incongruous but I can't warm up to lamianted stocks, even if he is your neighbor Ray. At least Mr. Brockman and I use the same bootmaker in Dubois.

Will

\

Posts: 19319 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<DaleA>
posted
After seeing the working rifle on brockmans web site, I think I must have one.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes I am in too. I have now got the preliminary wheels in motion for one myself. One of the best ways to do this trick is to buy the rifle and send it to Jim. Then you only have to pay tax on the original rifle, not the finished one. Good hunting. "D"

[This message has been edited by D Hunter (edited 04-19-2001).]

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote