THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    Case and Action Dimensions

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Case and Action Dimensions Login/Join

Picture of Paul H
posted
Anyone out here that would like to compile the basic dimensions of the big cases, and actions, so that it could be posted on a FAQ?

I think just the basics of rim dia, head dia, and case length of the 404, 416, 460, 500J, 505G, 500 NE, 577 NE, 585 N, 600 NE, 620 rimless and 700 NE would be a good start. Perhaps someone has a CAD program and would be willing to make basic sketches of said rounds, and "common" wildcats? I figure theres got to be a student or two blessed with more time then money, as opposed to us w/ wives, kids and a mortgage that have neither

For the large actions, it would be nice to list bolt dia, and commonly excepted max cartridge length for the M98 magnum, Ruger M77 mag and #1, CZ 550, Dakota magnum and Enfield P-14/17

These seem to come up frequently, and many of the published loading manuals come up short.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the case dimensions of most of the big boys available here: http://www.fireflysoft.com . Pictures of some of the larger rounds are also available there thanks to Nickudu of Bigbores.com.

I don't have a list of all action dimensions, but I'll be glad to post what I have and add any that are sent to me.

Posts: 497 | Location: Lewistown, PA USA | Registered: 21 December 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Sam,

I got a chance to look at your sight, an impressive list of calibers.

Unfortunately I don't have all the respective actions to provide dimensions of.

I was thinking of something perhaps just a tad more basic, perhaps all the large parent cases, with a list of the factory, wildcat and proprietary rounds developed from it, though that could be a bit lengthy, and not easily complete.

Anyone wanting to take a stab, it would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote