Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.700 Nitro Video Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Am I seeing things or did he end up with two black eyes?

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 700 nitro:
and im the only person on here to have bought a 700 nitro double rifle

i sold the rifle to a poster on here buy the name of safarie kid who then after acqiring a 4 bore double sold the 700 to big doggy 700.

i hand loaded the ammo wich kept the costs down but was still expensive.

the recoil really is not that bad.. it like a larg push not a jab.....you definitly know it went off but its not that bad really there are worse guns out there for recoil.

Looked like the bolt-action had less recoil than the SXS. Also, the recoil from the bolt rifle did not APPEAR too bad. Certainly bad enough, but perhaps manageable for two or three shots... per day.

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got the information back from Peter Hambraush on the 700 nitro pricing. He is not making any more bolt guns, but would sell the one he has for $60,000. His falling block single shot is $55,800.00 and his double is $80,831.00. It sounds like a 700 AHR is a bargain at $6500 to 8500.00. I think I would just have someone make a custom 1000 grain bullet for the 600 overkill. You could easily get it going 2200 ft/sec. I will just stick with my 700 searcy double.I finally got my 600 overkill in this week. I hope to go shoot it next week if I can find the time. We are having cold wet weather here right now.

Posts: 929 | Location: southern illinois | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its not a bargain Peter Hambrusch Rifles. When I win in Lotto i order one or two Big Grin

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
MBB,
I meant the AHR rifle in 700 AHR is a bargain at 1/10th of the price of a Peter Hambrush rifle. Peter does mke great stuff though.

Posts: 929 | Location: southern illinois | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
Well no offense to anyone but that guy has no clue how to shoot a big bore. Lucky he didn't het hurt. Of course a .700NE barely qualifies as a big bore.-Rob

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012
Nothing Up my sleeves but never without a plan and never ever without a surprise!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry Rob, but not all of us enjoy 300-350 ft.lbs of recoil like you and Ed Huble. Keep up the good work on shooting those monsters you guys have!!