Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.700 Nitro Video Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Found today Peter Hambrusch Video about .700 Nitro Double Rifle and Bolt Action Rifle on www.ferlachguns.com and it is quiet interesting.

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of trophyhunter5000
posted Hide Post
Interesting indeed, especially when you consider he flung about three quarters of a pound of lead down range in five shots! Did you see how hard his head snapped back……His muffs came off nearly every time….poor fellow had to have a headache after that!

Matt V.

Posts: 781 | Location: The Mountain State | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
trophyhunter5000
The poor fellow is Peter Hambrusch himself.
I am curious about the price of one Round .700 Nitro Confused

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of trophyhunter5000
posted Hide Post
I've got one of A-Squares old price lists (but not with me now, I'll post later unless someone beats me to it). I would guess that your looking at spendind at least $50 a round for factory ammo.

Matt V.

Posts: 781 | Location: The Mountain State | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think it was closer to ahunnert a piece. When they made the ammo and the gun, everybody was surprised at how many folks wanted to buy 700 NE rounds.

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

one of us
posted Hide Post
and im the only person on here to have bought a 700 nitro double rifle

i sold the rifle to a poster on here buy the name of safarie kid who then after acqiring a 4 bore double sold the 700 to big doggy 700.

i hand loaded the ammo wich kept the costs down but was still expensive.

the recoil really is not that bad.. it like a larg push not a jab.....you definitly know it went off but its not that bad really there are worse guns out there for recoil.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Take a close look at the 700 Nitro video, right after he closes the double before he shoots...he doesn't look real enthused at that point. Big Grin

Posts: 1647 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With a square bullets, one of the supply companies magazines was getting $375.00 for a box of 5 loaded rounds. With 1000 grain woodlieghs, the price was $335.00 for 5 rounds.I was watching Peter's video and his head really snaps back on the second shot with the bolt rifle, so much that he has to adjust his earmuffs before taking his third shot. His loads give off 8400 ft.lbs. When I have shot the 700 searcy, it does not seem like my head snaps back that much. The double may balance better and I weigh another 100 lbs more than Peter, maybe this keeps my body from being pushed back so fast.I agree with 700 nitro that the recoil is manageable with a little practice, still a pretty big PUSH!

Posts: 929 | Location: southern illinois | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I nearly fainted when I saw the lightly adorned screw-on QRW-style bases on top of the highly adorned square bridges of the 30-06 displayed as counter-point for size comparison to the 700 NE bolt action. Peter has good taste, but I want my QRW's integral on the high quality Satterlee stainless Magnum Mauser. I must admit I have QRW style mounts epoxied and 8x40-ed to the square bridges of my BBK-02. thumb

Notice the little bobble when feeding the third round into the 700 NE bolt? He stopped, backed up the bolt, looked inside, and closed it to feed the third round home. Was he just checking? bewildered

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
and im the only person on here to have bought a 700 nitro double rifle

But you just named two other guys on this forum that have bought a 700 Nitro double!!! Wink Big Grin

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
quote:
Was he just checking?

Maybe he was buying time so his vision would come back into focus before the last shot! Big Grin

What is the price tag on the bolt and double in 700?

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
I nearly fainted when I saw the lightly adorned screw-on QRW-style bases on top of the highly adorned square bridges of the 30-06 .... <snip>.... I want my QRW's integral on the high quality Satterlee stainless Magnum Mauser.

Sheesh! You are on the verge of out-pinky-fingering the extended pinky finger crowd!! Wink Wink

Whats in the new sig pic anyway?? Buffalo? I think I preferred the old "kopje top Botswanny" pic, but not sure until I figure out whats in this new one. Smiler

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mississippian,
Could be.
Or maybe just confused, "punchy," and forgot whether he chambered that third round or not. Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
Canuck,
Yes, you got it, tatanka. A very pleasing scene to my eye. Buffalo of the Bison bison persuasion. American plains game. Tatanka is the bull bison in the Lakota Sioux tongue. thumb

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tatanka is the bull bison in the Lakota Sioux tongue.

Yep...and a very popular bison ranch name ever since "Dances with Wolves". Smiler

Cheers,
Canuck

ps: and it goes w/out saying that I approve of anything bison themed. Smiler Nice sig pic!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Anybody notice how Peter Hambrusch struggled to close the top lever on that 700 NE double when he was loading it? Looked like a new one in the rough that needs some breaking in. Another little bobble. However, the supply of 700 NE ammo was depleted after those five rounds from the one box, and production budget for the video shoot would not allow a re-shoot of the shooting. Had to go with the first take until he can collect the price on those rifles. Then he will be able to afford more ammo. Wink

Lakota are good people. I honor them with a new cartridge name, in a new caliber, the ultimate all-arounder: .395 Tatanka, the forty-ought-seven of the new millenium.

Happy trails.

one of us
posted Hide Post
canuk that 700 nitro is mine.......i sold it to.....safarie kid and he sold it to big doggy.....

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 700 nitro:
canuk that 700 nitro is mine.......i sold it to.....safarie kid and he sold it to big doggy.....

I got that. Smiler

So, the way I read it Safari Kid and Bigdoggy700 are also members of this site that have bought a 700 nitro double rifle....no? Wink Razzer Or don't they get credit for buying a rifle, just because it was used??? bewildered

Was just trying to be cheeky, eh. Smiler

Cheers,
Canuck

one of us
posted Hide Post
lol i get ya......i knew you were just poking fun......

hey canuk would you be interested in getting in on my austrailia cull hunt group

there gonna be me and about 2 other members from here

tommy 577 has expresed interest and so has westly timmerman i believe my self of course

all we need it one other person cost is 4000$ + 165 licence fee and a gov 550$ trespass fee.

each person will be shooting 200+ rounds per day.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Ach du lieber Himmel!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13396 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 700 nitro:
lol i get ya......i knew you were just poking fun......

hey canuk would you be interested in getting in on my austrailia cull hunt group

there gonna be me and about 2 other members from here

tommy 577 has expresed interest and so has westly timmerman i believe my self of course

all we need it one other person cost is 4000$ + 165 licence fee and a gov 550$ trespass fee.

each person will be shooting 200+ rounds per day.

Thanks for the invite 700. That sounds like a hella lotta fun. Unfortunately, however, it is not in the cards for me this year....I am still licking the wounds to my bank account from Tanzania and am short on vacation time to boot.

I'd love to "do Austrailia" sometime though! Smiler

Cheers,
Canuck

One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
That is some big time fun! Anybody know how much the Kynoch ammo for the 700 costs? I've got to believe it's in the $300-$400 range for five. His neck was snapping around pretty good on a few of those shots. BOOM

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the rifle is 15 pounds UNDER weight.

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RIP,
I believe the 700 nitro bolt action is in the 45,000 to 50,000 dollar range. I sent him an e mail today asking for prices.I am curious also.I think his bolt gun weighs almost 19 lbs.The 700 searcy double weighs 17.1 lbs on my scale.

Posts: 929 | Location: southern illinois | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
On the Hambrusch website, it listed .700 Nitro Kynoch rounds at 126 Euros per five pack. That equates to $164 per five or $32.76 each. Certainly pricey but nowhere near what some have speculated.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Right now Kynoch 700 Nitro in either solid or soft retails in the U.K at just over £55 per round, the 5 round packs are £282 inconversion to US $'s that is $541 per 5 rounds

Posts: 342 | Location: York / U.K | Registered: 14 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Heh,heh, try locating a box. You'll pay much more than SRP.

Lo do they call to me,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would love to buy a whole bunch of kynoch 700 rounds for32.00 dollars a piece. I sure cant find them that cheap.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one who doesn't get access to any video on that website? Confused

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
MacD...click here. Then click on the image. If you are having trouble with the streaming, you may want to right click the image, and then left click on "save target as" and download it to your harddrive before watching.

Be warned though...its a monster file....40 some-odd megabytes.

Cheers,
Canuck

one of us
posted Hide Post
MacD37,
I also was wondering what I was missing that others found easily Eeker Thanks to Canuck I am downloading the vid cheers

John

There are those that do, those that dream, and those that only read about it and then post their "expertise" on AR!

Posts: 831 | Location: Mount Vernon, WA | Registered: 18 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You guys need to add RAM and maybe update your Op Systems. Older systems as 98 will require way too much memory to view big file vids.

Lo do they call to me,

One of Us
Picture of MarkH
posted Hide Post
After shooting the three rounds they missed the bit where he fell to his knees and vomited if the expression on his face was anything to go by. Wink

Hunting is getting as close as you can, shooting is getting as far away as possible.

Posts: 537 | Location: Worcestershire, England | Registered: 22 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Guess its time for me to join the fun! Yes,had the 700 double,sold it to Big Doggy and been playing with my 2) .600 Overkill bolt guns...Light and powerul weapons,8 3/4 pounds on the Kevlar one and 10 pounds on the wood stock beauty...The 4 bore double IS KING,but 26 pounds of terror!....So now its time for another and I now have on order A .700 Bolt Gun.I requested it to have 21" SS barrel,Gorgeous wood and to weigh 12 pounds or so ! Should knock me around like a 9 pound .600?! Maker is a secret for now,so dont ask! : )

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well Safari kid, I know it is not from Peter Hambrausch. He said he only made the one bolt 700 nitro and it was too costly, so he won't be making anymore. He has made 6 double bl. 700 nitro's and has two on order. He has made 4 of his falling block rifles in 700 nitro and has 4 more on order.Nice hogs you shot with that 600 O.K. yesterday, the brown one is a big piggy!

one of us
posted Hide Post
i already know you are ordering a 700 ahr......i was talking with the owner this week.......

as ill be ordering a left handed 700 ahr..

one of us
posted Hide Post
After watching the video, on the .700 bolt rifle when he checks to see if he actually chambered the third round it just_might_have been a move to avoid a "public flinch" moment on the video if he was on an empty chamber.

John

There are those that do, those that dream, and those that only read about it and then post their "expertise" on AR!

Posts: 831 | Location: Mount Vernon, WA | Registered: 18 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I don’t think I will be standing in line to shoot that one! That is one big UGLEY rifle. I like the way it knocks him out from under his earmuffs. I had a .375 Sako carbine that weighed 7.25 lbs that kicked hard enough for me.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of george roof
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing that website. I had to LMAO at the guy shooting that thing. When asked how his 416 Rigby recoiled, a buddy of mine said it was just like having a pair of ladies silk frilly panties landing on his armpit, but they were filled with a 350 pound woman. She don't even come close the ear defenders landing on his nose. I mighta shot one just to see, but I think two of those would have overdrawn my getting the shit knocked out of me account for one day.

RETIRED Taxidermist

Posts: 827 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 02 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one that want to see that 22 Hornet double :-)

Posts: 6401 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote