Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RMR on Talley base Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Dakota African 458 Lott with Talley bases. Am getting a 1-6 Trijicon AccuPoint on Talley lever rings. Any way to get a RMR mount that would go on Talley base to use for Elephant hunting?
Thanks
Craig

Posts: 76 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
I would ask Wayne at American Hunting Rifles (Bitterroot here on AR)he might be able to help. Another place is Optics Trade, they are not in the US but I have bought from them before and the shipping is pretty fast.

Posts: 749 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm...I just installed one on an Enfield, (500 Jeff) that I'm building. In my view, that 's one BIG chunk of hardware even attached to a custom base....Now making it for a Talley base is really adding up to a lot of imagination. It's just so damn wide!

I'm not real familiar with this stuff, but if it will work out on the barrel...? Maybe some form of levers for takng it on and off?

Another possibility could be adaption to an EAW swing mount system

Posts: 3460 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RJohnson
posted Hide Post
Try Heym and see what they say, their rifle has integral Talley bases

Posts: 68 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 14 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will contact Heym about there mount
Thanks!

Posts: 76 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have you called Talley ?

Posts: 1615 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AT elephant ranges, Id go with a receiver sight with the disc removed or the standard barrel shallow V. but I,m still old school, I guess I don't have much choice on that score, but it ain,t bad. If I were to decide on a scope, Id go with a Leupold 3x or perhaps my 2,5X Leupold Alaskan.. but its on my Savage 99 308 saddle gun and seems to have a home there. old

I've seen so many scopes fly off of rings in big bores, and cut a biscuit in the hunters eye, that even if I had bad eyesight Id figure on a ghost sight of some kind with a 458 Lott and UP..Keep in mind those scopes don't always come off the first shot sometimes after a good number of shots seems to be the usual hunter excuse..Ive even been a major player in this event, it hurts!

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41858 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote