THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    Here's one for Ray Atkinson and the rest of the Fraternal order of the 9.3x62

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here's one for Ray Atkinson and the rest of the Fraternal order of the 9.3x62 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I checked my 9.3's zero at the range today, got it in for @200 yards. Then, just to see how well it'd work, I took two shots (from the bench) at a steel silhouette of a ram (at 200 yds). My father, who was spotting said the first one hit somewhat midway-low on the shoulder and turned the steel figure into shrapnil. The second one, I aimed high on the neck and bent the bloody thing (not completely in half, but I gave it one hell of curl at both ends).

Well, I guess there's only one logical conclusion for this, a .416 Rigby. Gotta start slinging some serious lead nowa days ya know

------------------
When in doubt, do a nuclear strike.

Posts: 1723 | Location: wyo | Registered: 03 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Curtis,
Sounds like your allready throwing some serious lead and probably real popular with the local sil shooters

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41840 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Considering Your last line the .416 may be too weak, too ...

:-))

Hermann

------------------

Posts: 828 | Location: Europe | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray-
I was using 270 grain "semi-spitzers" behind 64 grains of 4350. personally, I'd like to get my paws on them 320 grainers...

aHunter-
There's a lot of truth in what you say...

------------------

one of us
posted Hide Post
Curtis tell us how that 270 bullet ignited and shoved the powder out of the bore ...

;-)

Would like to add the recipe to my list of 9.3x62 ?? recipes.

Have fun! hermann

------------------

one of us
posted Hide Post
very carefully.

------------------

<Adirondack Joe>
posted
Hmmm, sounds like a pretty pathetic pea-shooter to me. Forget 416, you nedd at least a .510! I've seen some nice 50 BMG's that would be great for 200 yd work. That would do the trick. You just have to get used to a 37 lb rifle that is 58 inches long. Some of us just need to learn that small bullets like 9.3mm just will not kill game. Ultra Mags are minimum.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Curtis, I still like that "Fraternal order of the 9.3x62 " :-))

Hermann

------------------

one of us
posted Hide Post
Herrman-
I thought it was catchy too.

Joe-
510 cal? you my friend think too small. try 577 or 600, maybe even 700...but that's for the future, when i take up sqirrel hunting . I must admitt though, I'm sitting on a nifty little idea for a couple of nice 510s though....

------------------

one of us
Picture of Fritz Kraut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Adirondack Joe:
Hmmm, sounds like a pretty pathetic pea-shooter to me. Forget 416, you nedd at least a .510! I've seen some nice 50 BMG's that would be great for 200 yd work. That would do the trick. You just have to get used to a 37 lb rifle that is 58 inches long. Some of us just need to learn that small bullets like 9.3mm just will not kill game. Ultra Mags are minimum.

Last year I applied for a licence for a Bofors 150-mm cannon for hunting bear and moose. The local police authority denied the licence, as they could not find the caliber in the listings over allowed cartridges.

I have talked to a member of the parlament, an he will write a motion in the question. Waiting for the new amendment of the hunting laws, I go on with my old 9,3. But next year I�ll buy that cannon!

Fritz

Posts: 846 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 April 2001Reply With Quote