THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    CZ 550 american safari in 458 Lott

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 550 american safari in 458 Lott Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Tanoose
posted
CZ e-mailed me back that the 2007 models will have two crossbolts in there new stocks.I guess this is there answer to all the stocks cracking we have heard of. What else would or should have to be done to the CZtocks before firing them . This would be the 458 Lott. Thanks Tanoose

Posts: 869 | Location: Bellerose,NY USA | Registered: 27 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
Have heard numerous reports of the CZ's splitting stocks, as well as other brands, and guess the bottom line is, how well does CZ take care of the problems when they do occur?? I know that many seem to go ahead and "bed" the stocks in an effort to prevent any splitting, but doubt that makes the mfg. very happy and sure gives them an easy excuse to send you away. Would think the cross bolt project would help. Are they making the ones that did split corret or correcting the problems?? Be interested to hear for CZ's offer a very economical answer to the big bore bolt gun fan, but only if they are of value is it worth pursuing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi all:

I bought a CZ 550 American Safari in a 375 with a laminated stock in August of last year. When it arrived I found that it had a small delamination on the tip of the forend. I immediately sent it back to CZ with a request to cross bolt it and bed it at the same time that they fixed the crack. They returned the gun about 7-8 weeks later with the crack fixed, and they had installed 2 cross bolts and glass bedding. Although they indicated in their catalog that the 2 extras were about a $250 job they didn't charge me a penny. I was very pleased with the service and the extras they threw in.

Posts: 85 | Location: The oasis of Nevada | Registered: 26 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tanoose,

When I bought my CZ 550 American Magnum I checked recoil lug contact by placing a ball of Play Doh on the recoil shoulder, installing and then removing the barreled action. There was a nice uniform gap of about 3/32" between the lug and shoulder, bedding of course took care of this.

Posts: 157 | Location: South Carolina, USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote