New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brought my first .375 H&H Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of kiwiwildcat
posted
Hey guys, will post up some pics when I get my Photo bucket sorted but...

Custom .375H&H built on a customized P14 Enfield action. English style walnut stock (short fore end, ebony tip), shadow line cheekpiece. 24 inch barrel with rib and 1x standing rear sight, barrel band sling swivel.

Weight including bolt a fraction over 8lbs. Figuring by the time I put new bases/rings and scope it will be closer to 9lbs.

Shoots 270gr Speer BTSP's 1 MOA or better.

Rifle came with dies, 50x cases and box of afore mentioned Speer projectiles.

Rifle arrives in about a week from down country. Was a steal at $1800 NZD.

She was only the Fish Mongers daughter. But she lay on the slab and said 'fillet'

Posts: 511 | Location: Auckland, New Zealand. | Registered: 22 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. Sounds like a very neat rifle.

Posts: 425 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 06 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! You will love it.

Ride hard, shoot straight and speak the truth.

Posts: 85 | Location: RSA | Registered: 21 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since joining the clan of .375 H&H owners it has become my favourite cartridge overall. Found it to be about the easiest and most accommodating cartridge to work up handloads for. It just feels so right to hunt with this cartridge. Hope you get plenty of hunting with yours.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2021 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The 375 H&H or the 375 Ruger are excellent calibers for anything including elephant with proper solids..I recall a hunter at SCI asking Johann Calitz if the Holland was suitable for elephant, to which Johann said, "Absolutely if one can shoot". nuff said! and its a good way to open up a conversation among the big bore clan!! rotflmo

I love the 375s..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote