Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

J K Cloward rifles? Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anybody have an opinion on quality of rifles built and/or customized by J K Cloward from Washington state?

Posts: 341 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: 27 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
There are several people on here that have his rifles or have used his services. A search on his last name may turn up some information if you have not tried it yet.

I have one but have not used it much:

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good idea, thanks!
Cool

Posts: 341 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: 27 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a JK Cloward .404 Jeffery that I am taking to Africa next week. The rifle shoots great and functions flawlessly. I bought the rifle used so I can't tell you much about who it was made for etc. I think he puts together a very nice rifle. This action was a thumbcut mauser. I had it drilled and tapped for a scope and now have a 1.5-5 Leupold on QD Talley rings and bases.

One of Us
Picture of brianbo
posted Hide Post
I have a .375 H&H that Jim built and a 338-06 that is a "rescue" from another gunsmith that Jim brought to life for me. He's a very accomplished gunsmith, hunter, and former Wimbledon winner. He can be reached before 4:30 pm Pacific time most weekdays at 425-334-3006

Regards,
Brian

Meet "Beauty" - 66 cal., 417 grn patched roundball over 170 grns FFg = ~1950 fps of pure fun!

"Scotch Whisky is made from barley and the morning dew on angel's nipples." - Warren Ellis

NRA Life Member

Posts: 479 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: 10 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
I first met him back in the days when he was making stocks for target rifles. I shot one rifle stocked by him. Several friends have hunting rifles he built for them, and they are all excellent shooters plus dangerous game reliable.

jim

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got to shoot one of his Palma rifles. Awesome.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brianbo
posted Hide Post
Jim Cloward is the Armorer for this years US Palma Team.

Regards,
Brian

Meet "Beauty" - 66 cal., 417 grn patched roundball over 170 grns FFg = ~1950 fps of pure fun!

"Scotch Whisky is made from barley and the morning dew on angel's nipples." - Warren Ellis

NRA Life Member

Posts: 479 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: 10 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He built my 375. 5 shots, 100 yards, one ragged hole. He's a good guy too, straight answers, no BS.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote