Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

450 farquharson Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know anything about the .450 Rigby First Stop Guns has for sale? The gun barrel is marked with the Rigby address but the action is marked George Gibbs. The engraving doesn’t look like what you would see on an English gun and I have never saw a straight stock on a Farquharson, not to say they didn’t make them. Just seems like an odd gun for the asking price.

Posts: 137 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 04 March 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe that action started out on a Military Breech Loader, that is to say it is not a sporting action. The engraving on the action is not original. I highly doubt that Rigby fit that barrel to that gun, it is most likely a parts gun.

The Westley 450/400 he has is far more gun for the money.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks SKB. Based on what you see does the 450/400 look like an original configuration?

Posts: 137 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 04 March 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Within reason, yes. The pad has been replaced, the peep sight added and a filler blank is in the dovetail for the original rear sight. Otherwise, it looks pretty legit. The stock could use some color, but I think that rifle would clean up nicely.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks SKB