THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    .416/380 gr. GS Custom Bullet Performance
Page 1 2 

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.416/380 gr. GS Custom Bullet Performance Login/Join

<R. A. Berry>
posted
Nick,
Good thought. I will crank the scope power down to 1.5X instead of 5X. That might disperse the group a bit.

------------------
Good huntin' and shootin',
RAB

<DOC>
posted
Christmas in July!
I'll take a box of 50 to start sir! I'll give you a call once I have myself sorted out. What is the time difference between you and the eastern US? 10 hours or so I think. I've had a new 45/70 for almost a month and haven't shot it yet. Too much work and not enough play I think.

DOC

one of us
posted Hide Post
I hope you have a wonderfull hunt RA and may the Red Gods smile on you....
Ray

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41880 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Don G>
posted
Antonio,

I found my .416/380FN dummy round. The brass is Rem .416Rem trimmed to 2.845 inches. The bullet is crimped behind the first driving band, giving an OAL of 3.595 inches. It looks as if the crimp is actually about .010 behind the band, so under recoil it might set back to 3.585 or so inches. These things fed fine in my factory M70 Express.

You'd think somebody designed it that way!

Don

<Antonio>
posted
Don

Thanks, you�ve saved me some experimentation.

Antonio

<R. A. Berry>
posted
Thanks Ray,
I plan to have a bloody good time whether the red god smiles or not, but I hope he is grinning from ear to ear.

------------------
Good huntin' and shootin',
RAB

<Don G>
posted
Status Update: All the pieces of the Cutrifle Express made it to John Ricks OK. He's got some personal business to attend to, but once he gets lined out he's going to do a whole batch of .416s and compare 'em. Sounds interesting.

Stay tuned.

Don

<Fat Bastard>
posted
To any and all Americans who have ordered from Gerard:

How did you pay? Any problems with converting from $ to R? Any other problems?

Did you have to deal with either or both governments (God forbid) regarding import/export/customs, etc?

Gerard, no doubt you do everything properly on your end, but once the box leaves your hands, it has to go through the postal services of two countries (plus customs?), with an ocean in between. Sometimes mail gets lost just going across town, as you know.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gerard has everything set up for you. I used my credit card to pay for it on his secure site.

When you go into the site you pick out the bullets you want. He has, for your convenience put a currency converter on the order page so you can check to see what the cost is. After you select the bullets you want and finish you order you will select method of shipment, air or ground.

Gerard takes care of everything for you. All you have to do is put in the order and they will show up at your mail box.

I have had no problem with any of my orders from GS Custom. You will not find any better bullet on the market right now.

Steve

------------------
Every man dies, but not every man really lives!!

Posts: 439 | Location: Kansas by way of Colorado and Montana | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use my credit card, that way I don't know how hard old Gerard gouged me because its in Rand..and I like his bullets too well to ask..You know, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing or what you don't know won't hurt you.....

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41880 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Don G>
posted
Fat Bastard,

It's been painless for me. too. Straight credit card deal just like Midway. Only difference is I'm too cheap for air freight, so it takes about three weeks the slow way.

There's a calculator right on the site that gives you estimated rates. Due to exchange rate fluctuations, you might wind up paying a few cents more or less than the calculator says. Unfortunately for Gerard, it's been steadily against him and in favor of us for the last several years.

No customs, no hassles, no worries! It would be a problem only if it were loaded ammo.

Don

<Fat Bastard>
posted
Those are the answers I was hoping for.

I'd prefer to pay in $. "359.00" seems like an awful lot for a box of 50 bullets. It's a good thing Gerard isn't in Japan, otherwise those same bullets would cost 5719.00

One of these days, Gerard, I'll try some 400 grain, .458" in my .45-70 (most likely on California hogs, not Cape buffalo).

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Guys,
We have had parcels go astray and we now send everything by insured mail. If your parcel does not arrive in 14 days by airmail, or four weeks by parcel post, e-mail me so that we can trace and resupply as fast as possible. We claim the loss from the postal service insurance and it takes about four months to settle the claim but we resupply immediately. Please consider that we have no means of knowing whether the parcel reaches its destination unless it is returned to us as damaged or undelivered, so feedback from your side is most welcome. It is sometimes an idea to send the second parcel to an alternative address as we have had cases where two in a row were lost to an address and the third to an alternative arrived like clockwork. We have also learned that we should not identify the parcel as "bullets" as this attracts all manner of undesireable attention from tree huggers in the postal services. All contents are described as "machined copper components". Our local customs office cleared it as above board after I showed them some race car valve guides and spot welding tips we make as well as the FN bullets. I did not explain what the various parts are used for though....... but they did not ask.

------------------
Gerard Schultz
GS Custom Bullets