THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    Nosler .458 -300 gr.partitions

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler .458 -300 gr.partitions Login/Join

<Multi Vis>
posted
Anyone shooting these and whats your impression of them. Im shooting a Ruger No.3 45/70 and looking for something in the 300 grain weight that will shoot better than the standard line of hollow points thats on the market now. Thanks M-V

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used enough Noslers in every caliber except that one to be sure that it will work just fine.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41858 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
<dickens>
posted
i am shooting a 300gr nosler in a 45-70 gg accurate thay are, you,ll love them if they shoot in yours the way they do mine, 56grs r7 std ww primers work up slow top load.

<moose>
posted
I shoot them in a 450 Alaskan. My load is 70 grains of VV133 for about 2590 at the muzzle. They will touch for two shots off the bench at 100 yards and kill elk very well. Have not recovered one in three elk kills but the wound channels run about four inches.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I will have to try them in my 458 win

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
<45/70 marlin>
posted
I have shot them in my 45/70's and in my 458 magnum.These bullets shoot real well,especially out of my Ruger #1 45/70.I use 60 grains of reloader #7 powder with winchester brass and cci primers for my Ruger #1 45/70.