Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Z-Hat Login/Join

one of us
posted
it seems like i read on this board that Z-Hat is a good company to do business with. i am considering converting a 458 WM to a 458 Lott. i am looking at Z-Hat to do the work. did i understand correctly about them? are they still a good source for this work??

Posts: 466 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 December 2000Reply With Quote
<Harald>
posted
See my post on the Gunsmithing section.

<Patrick>
posted
Bill, I had Fred do a project for me earlier this year. I wanted a 6.5x06? or bigger and went with the .264 Hawk. I also wanted this on a military mauser action. Fred did a very good job with a vg-24, douglas barrel, trigger, bolt handle, and safety etc that I spec'd from Brownells and a Rimrock stock. Rimrock doesn't make a mauser fit, so Fred obtained one in the rough, inlet it, and returned it to Rimrock for finishing. He went a little long on time, but stayed on budget and I'm very happy with the product.
good shooting

one of us
posted Hide Post
Fred did a very good job of converting a Browning 71 for me. He is very skilled and easy to work with.

Posts: 694 | Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA | Registered: 09 January 2001Reply With Quote
<Mitch>
posted
Bill, Dennis Olsen also does excellent work rechambering a 458 Win. to 458 Lott. He did an excellet job rechambering my friends 458 Win. to 458 Lott Dennis also got this rifle to feed flawlessly.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mitch: How can I contact Dennis Olsen??

Posts: 466 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 December 2000Reply With Quote
<Mitch>
posted
Bill. Dennis Olson's phone # is 1-406-826-3790. Good Luck with your project!!!