THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    woodleigh hydrostatic for 375 H&H
Page 1 2 

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

woodleigh hydrostatic for 375 H&H Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by capoward:
quote:
Originally posted by Rule 303:
Yes I did miss that bit about some CEB's not going full penetration and I am now wondering why those did not go full penetration. IE what factors were different with those that did and did not exit. Always curious about these things.
That I fear may be something we may never have the answer to...

Unfortunately I fear you may be correct. Thia will not be the first time I have seen/heard of results that do not have an answer that we know of. I dare say it won't be the last time either.

Posts: 492 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Registered: 26 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stan, don't disappear!

I've only shot one elephant, and that with a .577 borrowed from Mr. Searcy. I missed the brain by an inch or so, and was VERY surprised when the bull got back up.

I'd really enjoy hearing about your elephant hunts. Photos would be great, too.

I'm leaving again for Africa May 18th. I'll celebrate my 70th birthday, May 24th, over there. I'm bouncing on my toes.

I guess Africa does that to a lot of us.

But my chance of another elephant hunt approaches absolute zero, so I'm up for hearing your adventures.

Posts: 383 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Getting back on the subject, I have known Geoff at Woodleigh for some years and I know he would not release a bullet without first testing it a good deal, and I've never met a Woodleigh bullet I didn't like..I'm sure it is a great bullet produced by a very knowledgeable man with a world of big game hunting experience..albeit I have not used it, but would not hesitate to do so, but probably never will use that bullet, my days of hunting the world are quickly coming to a close and I'm staying closer to home.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote