THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    Thanks Kieth - Bubba Shoot 2/10

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thanks Kieth - Bubba Shoot 2/10 Login/Join

Picture of jeffeosso
posted
Thanks for having us up Keith!!

and for all the great company, double rifles, heavy gun, and even a 9,3x62

Ya'll Sound off if I missed you
Hogkiller
FLA30-06
Tiggertate
Jimmy
Lee440
Huntingcat
Gringo Cazador
MJInes
(Sorry Bob, Forgot your handle)
and me.

Probably more big bore rounds fired from these 10 guys TODAY than most of the rounds fired through safe queens together!!

Calibers present
550 Mag
550 Express
500 NE Merkel
470 AR
458AR (1)
458AR (2)
458 lott 1
458 lott 2
458 lott 3
458 lott 4
458 lott 5 (yes, FIVE 458 lotts... #1, RSM, M30, 2 mauser)
458 win CZ double
458 win on a win
416 AR (we didn't have a rigby, right?)
416 Rem
450/400 Rhoda Double
375 Weatherby
375 HH 1
375 HH 2
9,3x62 husky
458 socom
500 linebaugh
(light stuff)
308 win remmy
308 garand (which feels like an airsoft rifle after a 550)
and a small sako?

The 500 jeffe and 505 gibbs didn't get a play ticket today.

Hundreds of rounds of big bores fired today..

I am here to say, the 550 express is "the fat lady" and when you dance with her, it's best to let her lead, aint it Lee?

Oh, yeah, and there's another victim er experienced 550 express AND magnum shooter... Howdy Lee!!

Great safe gun discipline the entire day..

no leads sleds required, but if a fella needed on, we could have brought one out for him to sight in.

Nice to spend the day with guys that could shoot, could call a miss, and could take some ribbing.

Seemed to be a bunch of honest guys, willing to admit their "field experiences" aren't always 500 yard off hand shots...

and willing to put their shots where their mouths are

Super nice bunch of guys, willing to share their rifles, experience, loads, and have a ball and great attitude!!!

Those that don't have a Local Bubba shoot, you really need to find a couple AR buddies and take your cannons out in the woods!!

Hey George....

TANNERITE!!

It was a wonderful day, Thanks to Keith and all you guys!!

jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38462 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Darn guess I kill too many water bottles last time and didn't get invited back.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I had a great time as usual and always enjoy being around guys with so much experience and knowledge. Thanks again to Keith for the hospitality and thanks Jeffe for the .510 cast lead bullets, I'll get your barrel ASAP, don't forget the reamer. Sorry I couldn't go to lunch, running 102 fever now and coughing.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Guys, glad y'all had a good time at another "Bubba shoot". It is a pleasure to host a group like this,(and those others in the past). Great attitudes, pleasent company, willing to share their "toys" and ammo. I also want to thank everybody for the help setting things up and the clean up.

rotflmo Do not worry ramrod340, there will be more shoots. clap Start saving those jugs. wave

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JMJ888
posted Hide Post
Thanks again to Keith for his hospitality and all the AR guys that attended. It is never a dull moment with this bunch.

I will say that the after the chicken fried steak in town it made for a sleepy drive home. Nothing like 40+ rounds through a big bore and a full belly to generate some quality mid-afternoon nap time.

Can't wait for the next one.

Hopefully by then you will have a real big bore Jeffe instead of that pea shooter you call the "550 Express". clap

Posts: 436 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 27 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:

Hey George....

TANNERITE!!

jeffe

WHAT!! And I missed it? CRYBABY

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
It was a real hoot! There is just something about shooting off-hand at a pepsi bottle full of Tannerite at 150 yds, I did not hit it, but others did and it makes a Hell of a Bang! I gotta get some! Lots of nice rifles, and Yeah Jeffe, that fat broad does sing! Forrest, sorry you got to feeling bad, hope you get over it soon! Thanks again Keith, for a Hell of a good time! Lee.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
I think Mike Jines thought we were kidding when we offered to rechamber his CZ .458 on the spot! We were not!!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lee440:
I think Mike Jines thought we were kidding when we offered to rechamber his CZ .458 on the spot! We were not!!

cheers Truer words were never spoken. clap

Keith

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the invite Keith. I had a great time and it was nice to see old friends and meet some new friends. Always nice to also see what toys the other boys have brought to the playground to play with too. My only concern is that with all the lead that was thrown at the Tannerite, I suspect we are all now liable under the Super Fund statute for environmental remediation of Keith's ranch. Eeker

I must confess when the reamer was pulled out it felt a bit like those days in college when everyone had been drinking and someone uttered those infamous words, "hey guys watch this". Something about making the decision to rechamber a double rifle on a folding table with a ratchet that gave me the chills -- or maybe that was just the cold weather. I do think that rechambering the CZ to a .458 Lott makes all the sense in the world. Lee, perhaps I will borrow the reamer from you one day and let Tom cut the chamber on his lathe.

Forrest, hope you get to feeling better. Until next time . . .

Mike

Mike

Posts: 21207 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a great time, great bunch of guys.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Keith for the ever-generous use of your place.

It was great to meet some long-time posters for the first time and see old friends for the first time in a long time.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Keith, thanks for the invite, hope you got my email having to decline. I got a chance to take a conservation snow goose hunt on Saturday am. I'd love to make the next one. Bob

Posts: 1282 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
So Bob, how many geese did you get? sofa

Keith

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I wanted to ask you guys to save the milk jugs so I can make milk jug gumbo. Needless to say, the out of season dark geese were swarming like bees, the snows were scarce and high. We took one goose. Do any of you guys know why my wife thinks it's crazy to get up at 2:30 to go lie in a muddy field? Bob

Posts: 1282 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Keith, would you pm me your address so I can send a copy of that dvd to you, as well as another you might be interested in. Bob

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
opps, forgot a 458 lott on a 602....
forrest has a really sweet little 458 that is a joy to shoot!

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38462 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Bob, you should have made it to the shoot. Later in the day, no mud, and a whole lot more fun and shooting. Then lunch in town with ALL of the Chicken Fried Steak you could eat.

Sent you an e-mail with address.

Keith