THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    Bottom metal; dropped floor plate?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bottom metal; dropped floor plate? Login/Join

<Terry P>
posted
See GeorgeS post on African Big Game Hunting site. I am also interested in this. I am planning on building a 375 from a Winchester 70 action. Maybe in pre 64 but most likely from the new stainless model. The stainless holds 3 but it would be nice with another round in the chamber. Also a new magazine spring would be required and who makes a synthetic stock for these?
I have a gunsmith who could do the work but maybe there are some gunsmiths who specialize in this work. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Terry

one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry,
Sonny Hill makes the drop box as does Ted Blackburn, You can get most of the stuff from Brownells, and one of the major companys makes a drop box plastic stock, I've seen them advertised someplace...

don't forget to use a barrel band front swivel as they are required with that stock design because of the short (8" to 9") forearm..and iron sights are in vogue also.

Plastic stock? what a nice way to ruin an otherwise perfect African rifle...

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Terry P>
posted
Ray, thanks for the info.
Terry