Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

North Fork Bullets? Login/Join

Picture of Paul H
posted
I keep seeing mention of these bullets, and would like to find out more about them. What type of construction do they employ? Do they have a webpage? Anyone have a list of what calibers and weights they offer?

TIA

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<Norbert>
posted
Construction very similar to Trophy Bonded. Soft copper, bonded lead core in the front half, solid base section with about a dozen grooves. calibers from .284 to .416, bullet weight max. 10 % less as usual. .416 370 gr; .375 285 gr, .338 225 gr. Price $ 48 for 50 bullets .416.

------------------

posted Hide Post
Specifically, they offer .284, .308, .338, .358, .375, .411, .416.

No website.

George

------------------
Shoot straight, shoot often, but by all means, use enough gun!

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul,

North Fork Technologies, INC.
P.O. Box 1689
Glenrock Wyoming 82637
Phone:307-436-2726
Fax: 307-436-5780

Posts: 66 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BW
posted Hide Post
Paul,

Man! You won't believe this, but I was getting ready to scan Mikes brochure one night, only to find that my wife had thrown it out!

I had just gotten off the phone with him, ordering another box of .416 bullets in 325grs, and he told me I could put a picture on my website.

Now I need to call him back, and ask for another brochure, as I didn't get one with this order. I could attempt to cross section one myself. Maybe tomorrow at work.

I suggest calling him. He's a very nice guy to talk too. He charged me $5.00 for shipping, and the label on the box said $5.50. He ate the extra .50 cents out of his profit.

They just make a lot of sense to me, I'm suprised nobody else is doing this style bullet. They shoot nice groups, and I even manage to forget, that I'm paying almost a buck a shot when at the range.

------------------
Brian
The 416 Taylor WebPage!

Posts: 778 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Brian,

Somebody e-mailed me a prochure, if you have adobe acrobat reader, I can forward it to you. Drop me an e-mail.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I spoke to someone at North Fork a couple of months ago and asked when they would offer bullets in .458, .474 and .510 diameters. They said they were not planning on it because the demand for those bullets is so small. Then I felt sad.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have sent some Northfork bullets to Africa and they have been using them on Buffalo with spectacular results....I have used them on elk...They defy the norm in that they will expand to large cross sections and still penitrate as well as any bullet...I shot an elk lenthwise last year and the bullet came to rest in the mid neck perfectly expanded, thats a lot of penitration..My PH did the same on a cape Buffalo with the 416 Rigby...

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
500 Grains,
A few weeks ago when I talked with them prior to ordering, I asked about the .458's. He said that they may start them shortly. I am sending out another order tomorrow and have once again,asked about them. I will post you what I find out.
Regards,
SAM

Posts: 702 | Location: Lenoir. N.C. | Registered: 18 September 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Big Sam,

Could you ask them what the minimum order would have to be before they geared up for one of the big bores?

TIA,
George

------------------
Shoot straight, shoot often, but by all means, use enough gun!

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Brady would have to buy new equippment before he can make the .50's. There would have to be alot of demand before that would happen.

Posts: 694 | Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA | Registered: 09 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Based on what I've read here, I called Mike Brady to ask about availability of .458 bullets. He said he'd received new dies to start production, but hadn't started up yet. He sent a brochure this week with a note to call him the week of September 10 to check availability. I told him I'm going to Zim in October and he actually started counting back the days to see if he could accommodate me in time! The photos of expanded bullets on his brochure are impressive. I'm hoping to have a chance to use them on buff and hippo from my .458 Lott

Posts: 1045 | Location: Kerrville, Texas USA | Registered: 02 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used e-mail to contact North Fork Bullets using northfork@vcn.com

Good Hunting
Steve

------------------
Every man dies, but not every man really lives!!

[This message has been edited by Santala (edited 08-27-2001).]

Posts: 439 | Location: Kansas by way of Colorado and Montana | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You don't want to use my e-mail address if you want to get ahold of Mike Brady. I was just e-mailing his brochure around.

Try northfork@vcn.com to get a message to Mike.

Posts: 694 | Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA | Registered: 09 January 2001Reply With Quote