New
Find
Notify
Tools

450 Short Magnum project Login/Join

one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted
UPS just delivered the .450 Heavy Express Short Magnum; this cartridge is based on the .348 Winchester case with rim turned off, blown out and sharp shouldered. The short .450 version is intended for short action rifles (2.06" case). The .460 Version is intended for standard actions (2.25"). Other details are at heavyexpress.com.

Dies and brass came with the rifle. I plan to see how it does with Gerard's 400 grain HV and FN bullets. I also want to shoot some of the hard-cast lead wide flat nose profile bullets to see if they will perform and feed well in this rifle.

I like it when these projects arrive after my hunting season!

jim

------------------
"if you are to busy to
hunt, you are too busy."

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
Jim,
I just took a look at their website. Any idea what sort of pressures those cartridges are working under? Interesting stuff!
Good Hunting,

------------------
Andy Cooper

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Andy,

I don't know but I will ask Jim Busha the owner of HE. I have not shot anything yet, so I don't have any case expansion data...jim

------------------
"if you are to busy to
hunt, you are too busy."

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote