Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stock for a Sauer 90 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A fiend on another forum came into a Sauer 90 recently for a good price. The stock was slightly shortened by the previous owner.

He looking for options that won’t break the bank. Tue one stock he did find was $2k.

Somewhere in the fuzzy reached of my addled brain I thought these actions were the same as the German Weatherbys and if so those are much more readily available.

Any help is appreciated.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1057 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
McMillan used to make stocks for them. I'd start there. Alternatively have a stockmaker lengthen what he has. I have had it done. Many shotguns I've seen have had it done. It can look acceptable albeit not perfect.

Posts: 690 | Location: JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA | Registered: 17 January 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You also can buy a 1.5 inch recoil pad and add.25 inch spacers to get the right length. Any gunsmith can do the job. Much less expensive than trying to find an original stock.

The German WBY are not on Sauer 90 actions.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12869 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark.

Thanks for confirming that for me. It was something I had dimly remembered from the distant pass and clearly didn’t recall it correctly.

He is looking at different option to add something back just wanted to explore other options.

My 90 is in 8x68S and one of my favorite hunting rifles and it gave a good account of itself in Africa on my first safari.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1057 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote