Notify
Tools

The Shangaan Song Hardcover edition
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted
Good day,

The Shangaan Song is now available in any format one could think of, including hardcover for the first time.

https://www.lulu.com/product/h...angaan-song/17143778

Please contact me personally for a signed hardcover or paperback copy.

hulmour@yahoo.com or PM

Cheers, David

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I got the book on iBooks. I am about half way through the book at this point. Very enjoyable book. Not a whack 'em and stack 'em book rather a collection of stories about growing up in Zimbabwe. I commend it to others to add to your reading list.

Mike

Posts: 21200 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Thank you Mike, glad you're enjoying the read. And thanks to the others out there who have pushed 'The Shangaan Song' up the Lulu rankings the last couple of weeks.

In particular, my appreciation to my friend in Texas, Jim Cochran, who has ordered the first ever hardcover copy of 'The Shangaan Song'. Not a big deal to most, but it is to me. Cheers Jim. beer

David

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
David: You are a highly valued and experienced contributor here. I've happily ordered your book.
Bill

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16367 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Bill, you are too kind sir, I am most grateful, I hope you enjoy the read.

Sometime tomorrow I will be posting a Borderline walk overview and objectives piece, which will explain how I am hoping to connect all of this - this book, the walk, the Borderline book (60% complete), calendars, pictures, roadshow etc - and make it work to the benefit of Zimbabwean wildlife and people, in the name of hunters and hunting. I have been getting my Borderline Facebook page up to date, but I know many guys here don't do the Facebook thing. It has proven difficult for me over the last year or so to keep everyone informed, as wrapped up as I have been trying to keep the walk going, but I have decided to take timeout now, consolidate and tackle other aspects of the project which are as important as the actual walk, aspects which have been sadly neglected. Anyway, no point trying to explain everything now, the pieces are finally starting to fit, much needed momentum is coming about. I envisage completing the walk and Borderline book early next year and then hitting the road in a different way for a while...

Thanks again, David

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Just got my copy and read the first couple of chapters. Oh, to have known and come under the tutelage of Pencil!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16367 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been reading the book this week, just two more stories to go. Pencil is quite unforgettable, I'm glad someone set him down for posterity. You evoke him nicely, I wish I could have known him.
I read a great deal of Africana, this measures up nicely with the best of it. I plan on ordering several copies as Christmas gifts this year.

Posts: 1978 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Thank you Bill, thank you Marty, I appreciate it. Pencil was a remarkable fellow indeed, I still miss him. I am pleased to report that most of his teachings have eventually sunk in...
Marty, if you want a few copies I can arrange for you to take advantage of an author discount deal which comes around fairly often. Not much of a saving, but a few bucks is a few bucks...

Cheers and thanks for the support, David

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
In particular, my appreciation to my friend in Texas, Jim Cochran, who has ordered the first ever hardcover copy of 'The Shangaan Song'. Not a big deal to most, but it is to me. Cheers Jim.

Ooops! Just saw the post Dave! You are most welcome and I can't wait to get my sweaty mitts on it, I need a good read.

Cheers right back at ya'.

Jim

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
And it arrived today Jim! Looking fine even if I do say so myself and will be in your mailbox soon! Thanks my friend, Dave

PS. Marty, your hardcover copy (Number 2) is on the way and many thanks to you too!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, David!

Posts: 1978 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Finished the book David. Was just reading it at bedtime and taking my time. Enjoyed it very much. Sad to hear about the end of Ruware, but there are many similar sad stories out there. I remember getting an email from Richard Harland several years ago when their farm was stolen at Christmas. A real pity. You need to get your next book done.

Mike

Posts: 21200 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that Mike, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Ja I know I need to get my next book done, it has been on my mind for years now. I just need to finish off this borderline journey and will then spend a few years writing some books that need to be written...

Thanks to you all as always, David

One of Us
posted Hide Post
IT CAME IN THE MAIL TODAY!!!!!!!!!

The book looks great and I can't wait to get started.

When it becomes a famous best seller I will be a lucky man with #1.

Thanks Dave, I can't wait to get reading.

Jim

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tex, glad it arrived. Cheers to you and cheers to you Les Howell for getting it there. beer David

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a great read.

Dave, you are one helluva writer, I couldn't hardly put the book down.

You have led an incredible life, I can't even imagine......

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences and insights.

God bless Zimbabwe, you people really are a special sort.

My thanks to you and Mr. Howell.

Jim

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
And my thanks to you my friend in Texas patriot