Find
Notify
Tools

John Ross
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
Just reread for the umpteenth time "Unintended Consequenses." A great book + rather appro po due to current political conditions in this once great land of ours.If you are also of the "gun culture" then you will love this book.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
I read it in Australia two years ago and enjoyed it until Harry Bowman began killing for the weakest excuses.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Personal I would suggest that the "weakest excuses" just won't fit.Bill, I understand.We are fed up with the
'business as usual" crowd. I must confess that under the heading of good breeding + diction that I found that book on + beyond very good reading.Truth be damned;but you must confess,that you liked the premise.Concerning any addtional adjectives I will bring to point the following statement from....
' Robert E. Howard's remarks concerning 'using a small dagger to achieve dainty murder in m'lady's bouduoir.'I am not inciting any unrest but I will say that a bit of that activity might put the powers that be on their heels.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
I know this book has a huge following etc. I have tried twice to read it and get about one-third of the way through and then set it down. I suppose one day I will have to finish it.

Maybe it's just me; Hemingway gives me a headache.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
read the intro where the author thanks people for contributing ideas and concepts. He contacted me thru PS to ask about my Leupold/Premier Reticle scope conversion.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I understand that he is also a regular on the cast boolits forums. I have not dealt with him directly.