Find
Notify
Tools

Maneaters of Kumaon
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Anders
posted
Just got a copy of the old book by Jim Corbett, "Maneaters of Kumaon".. It`s exciting and interesting reading.
Corbett was probably Indias most famous hunter of maneating tigers and leopards.
He tells stories from his hunts, and also why this animals become maneaters..
It`s really worth reading!

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Anders,

It is a very interesting book.

I enjoyed reading it, as well as other books by Jm Corbett.

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Anders,

If you like Corbett's books, try Keneth Anderson. He also hunted India just after Corbett, but in a similar manner. One of his best books is "Nine maneaters and One Rogue" but you can get his complete set of books in two volumes as the "Keneth Anderson Omnibus". All these and many more are available from Coch y Bonddu books here in the UK at: http://www.anglebooks.com

I buy from them all the time and they offer excellent service...

Regards,

Peter

PS

Great pics on your home page...you should put some comments under them in English to tell us the stories behind them...

[ 03-06-2003, 16:20: Message edited by: Pete E ]

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I`ll try to get through some more of Corbett`s collection! But I think maybe some of them are a little hard to get..?

Thanks Pete E.!
The quality of the pictures are maybe not the best. Have had some problems with the scanner. They are originally dias of pretty good quality, but I just can`t get them on the screen the same way.. [Smile]
I`ll try to write some comments in both english and norwegian.. Check in later! [Smile]

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Anders,

Check that site...they have copies of all Corbetts books again including a couple of modern "omnibus" editions....They also have an excellent selection of deer stalking books. Incidently, Corbetts family estate is about 40 miles away from where I live and although the original house has been sold, part of the family still live in a farm house on the estate.

Regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote