Find
Notify
Tools

Gun Digest 1946-2005-- Value??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of cowboy77845
posted
I have all issues Of Gun Digest as stated. Any idea what these might be worth.

Posts: 375 | Location: College Station, Tx | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Go to abebooks or alibris. check out the prices of others. I just ordered 2 GD Treasury books for $6-8.00 a piece.

Posts: 6384 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cowboy77845
posted Hide Post
Been there, done that. I have no intention of getting rid of them piecemeal The first four issues are not easy to find and are worth way more than 6$. Problem is who cares. I am 71 yrs old. I have an extensive collection of gun reference/information books that appealled to me since I was 15. My family has no interst. Am not particularly anxioust to divest myself of anything but thought I would ask what you guys think. Thanks for your reply.

Posts: 375 | Location: College Station, Tx | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cowboy:

When I checked several years ago, Volume 4, which is the hardest one to find for some reason, was bringing upwards of $100. If I were serious about selling them, I'd put them up on Ebay with a reserve I could live with. Given the rarity of the first four issues, I'd probably value them at about $75-100 each and then trail off for the more recent issues. I'd probably set the reserve at $750 (which averages $15/volume), but you might think differently.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a similar issues.
I have original Shooter's Bibles (Stoegers) going back 1914.
I know the early issues are valuable but they are so rare, I can't find any offered for sale.

"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
Mark Twain

Posts: 663 | Location: Texas | Registered: 04 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cowboy77845:

If they're generally in good or better condition, I would probably buy the set if your price is reasonable. I can and would prefer picking them up in person, it would give me an excuse to drive thru Lexington on Sat Am to get some Snow's Barbecue. PM me with a number if this interests you.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i know your problem. i threw out several duplicates a while ago as i couldn't even give them away. now the whole collection has been put on a disc for the computer crowd by the publisher, most of it is searchable , and it is very reasonably priced for someone who just wants the information

Posts: 978 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hey cowboy - interesting question - i've got the entire set including the hard covers, reprints and a leather bound one. often wondered what they would be worth, but i too have no intention of ever selling them. they are probably the greatest source of information ever. plus the years spent finding them all would far preclude selling them

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote