New
Find
Notify
Tools

peter capsticks africa
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
started reading this book a couple days ago.Not realy holding my interest.jumps around, big words for a hunting book.Does have great photos.He mixes british slang, as well as the african words writers feel they have to add to there stories.Also have Maneaters by capstick, hope it is more interesting.

Posts: 310 | Location: middle tennesse | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Death IN The Long Grass is about his best book.

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I own every Peter Capstick books I can find. He is one of my favorite authors. He has a way of making you feel like you are right there living the adventure.

Try reading some of his other publications. I just love them. The only thing wrong with his writings is that my wife read some of them and is now worried that if I go to Africa to hunt something will eat me!!

R F

Posts: 1220 | Location: Hanford, CA, USA | Registered: 12 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't forget Ruark! Reading an original hardcover copy of "Something of Value" right now...

Posts: 26 | Location: Somewhere in New York | Registered: 28 September 2001Reply With Quote