Find
Notify
Tools

Sixty Years A Hunter, Bill Quimby
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted
Our good friend Bill Quimby finally has his book now available from Safari Press. I have read it, and it is a truly great story of his hunting life and experiences. Not only has Bill hunted every continent, and some several times, his hunting exploits in the USA are fascinating as well. As one time editor of SCI publications, and a former outdoor writer for the Tucson newspapers, he brings to this book a lifetime of personal experiences that are a pleasure to read about. And if his life as a hunter was not enough, remember that he has written, and ghost written, books about some of the legendary hunters of our time. Sixty Years A Hunter is not a "how to do it" book, it is a book about a man's hunting life, a warm and personal story and a man who has done it all.

If you would like a signed copy, send Bill a PM.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Bill

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Bill,

Congratulations on a new book!

We carry some of your books here: http://www.shakariconnection.c...frica-authors-q.html and If you want to get the new one on ABE, we'll be delighted to advertise it on the www.shakariconnection.com bookshelf for you as well.

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Steve, I appreciate it but Safari Press handles such things. You may want to email its publisher, Ludo Wurfbain.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the good idea Bill! Will do.

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Shakari.....didn't you and I share some comments awhile back about single malt Scotch? If so, I have a new one for you to try. If not, well, get on board. wave And by the way, you will enjoy Bill's work. thumb

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Bill,

We did indeed discuss malts and I'd be very interested to hear your recommendation(s) beer

I always do enjoy Bill's work and will look forward to reading this one.

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Bruichladdich, Peat. thumb

Theodore Roosevelt

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I'll look for it tomorrow...... is it an Islay?

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Ah, just found it on the net and it is an Islay....... I'll look for it tomorrow but it might be hard to find as it looks like they have limited production.

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I tried half a dozen places today but none had it and none could order it..... Confused

I'll keep looking though and I may well fly to the UK earlyish next year and if I do, I'll get a bottle there. beer

Thanks for the tip though!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
NOW! the issue is to get Bill to have a signing at a Barnes & Noble; like Portland or Boise!

C'mon Bill, help us out here...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
NOW! the issue is to get Bill to have a signing at a Barnes & Noble; like Portland or Boise!

C'mon Bill, help us out here...

Rich

I believe he will have a signing at the SCI convention in January. Wink

Theodore Roosevelt

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Yes, I'll be signing books at SCI in Reno. The time and the day hasn't been set yet, but I assume it will be posted at the Safari Press booth. Would love to also sign books elsewhere, Rich, but unfortunately it won't happen.

Bill Quimby

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hurry up and let us know. I have to split that week between the SHOT Show in Vegas, and SCI Reno; so I need to know.

Rich

Just in case, if I send you the $$$ up front, will you do me one and ship it to here?

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Rich:

I'll post it here as soon as Safari Press lets me know.

Bill Quimby

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great! When I get old, I want to be just like you; and the book will help greatly!! Ha!

Rich

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Bill, I have made it known in certain (I hope influential) circles that your new book is on my Christmas list.

I am looking forward to reading it.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13384 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote