New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found a treasure....
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I found an autographed copy of Hunt High by author Duncan Gilchrist at a local book store. Do not believe they knew what they had. Have been searching book stores for years for his works. Sometimes successfully. MTG

Posts: 241 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 22 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a score for sure...

Posts: 10150 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Good find!

Was it half price books? I’ve found lots of great deals at the ones in Seattle and a few signed books for cheap.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have an account at a local half price book store that I have given names of authors and various books to be on the lookout for. A store clerk called yesterday PM to ask if I was interested in this book. My answer, of course, was indeed and will pick it up today AM. Going through the book at home I found it was dedicated to another and signed by Duncan Gilchrist. Not sure if the book store was aware of this. Great find. Reading this evening. MTG

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I’ve scoured Half Price and have not been that lucky.

HPB is based here and one of their stores close to me is about the size of a Walmart.

I’m not familiar with this book, but will look for it. I’m not big on collectors book, as I like to read as I go to bed and I’ll wake up with no idea where I had stopped and the book is shoved up my nose or something silly.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MTGunner:
I have an account at a local half price book store that I have given names of authors and various books to be on the lookout for. A store clerk called yesterday PM to ask if I was interested in this book. My answer, of course, was indeed and will pick it up today AM. Going through the book at home I found it was dedicated to another and signed by Duncan Gilchrist. Not sure if the book store was aware of this. Great find. Reading this evening. MTG

That’s awesome. And good on them for actually calling you when the book came in.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
While at the book store to pick up Duncan Gilchrist book I also found “Hunting on safari in east and Southern Africa by author Aubrey Wynn-Jones. Illustrated by Andre de Villers. Very nice book of African animals, their territories, habitat and more. Along with their sizes, weights, habits and etc. Plus, in the dangerous game section it details bullet placement. Cool! Not that I will be returning to Africa, but one can dream. MTG

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I love signed 1st editions. I have quite a few. When I was married to my ex she always wanted to go antique shopping. In her case furniture. While I had to be there I perused the book sections. I bought a complete set of 1st editions H.Rider Haggard from the 19 teens for $40.00. I also found a 1943 copy of Mein Kampf in English for $5.00. I didn't buy it for the subject matter but for the fact that how many were published in English in 1943?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote