Find
Notify
Tools

Nyati
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted
I received the book Nyati a gift by my good friend the expert PH DON HEATH i consider it the definitive study on hunting Cape Buffalo,i recommend it without hesitation .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
I received the book Nyati a gift by my good friend the expert PH DON HEATH i consider it the definitive study on hunting Cape Buffalo,i recommend it without hesitation .Juan

I did a search for the book and cannot find it. Who is the publisher and the author?
bewildered

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
"I did a search for the book and cannot find it. Who is the publisher and the author?"

Bill: It was originally published in 1996 by Mag Set Publications in Harare, which is Ant Williams, who also publishes African Hunter and African Fisherman magazines. I have No. 34 of a limited edition of 100 that Kevin Robertson or "Doktari," autographed and gave me, Bill, and I'll bring it up the cabin tomorrow so you can read it. It definitely is all that Juan Pozzi says it is. I think it also has been recently reprinted by Safari Press, but I'm not certain of that.

Bill Q

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The very early Edition that Kevin wrote has been rewittn as "Africa's Most Dangerous" and is from Safari Press.

Nyathi- The Art of Hunting Buffalo is printed by African Hunter. For some obscure reason the Authors/Editors names do not appear oin the book.

If you want a copy, email fishunt@zol.co.zw or contact Rowland Ward in the USA or South Africa

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
I have a copy of Robertson's "Africa's Most Dangerous," and will look forward to reading the one Bill Q. has. Thanks to both of you.... Rowland Ward does offer the revised edition and I may acquire it as well......beer
Who was it who said, "So many books, so little cash." CRYBABY

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
I read Nyati and enjoyed it. His advice is well taken.
Written in 1996 and it speaks to the changing world and to Zimbabwe in particular. Quoting Doctari's Introduction, page XI, fourth line up from the bottom: "...Zimbabwe - a beautiful, safe and stable African country with a surprisingly well developed infrastructure."
In eleven years how this has changed....Shame.
Frowner I hope it holds together long enough for me to make a trip down.

Theodore Roosevelt