Find
Notify
Tools

SCOUTING IN TWO CONTINENTS BY MAJ, BURHAM
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted
TODAY I RECEIVED THE BOOK SCOUTING IN TWO CONTINENTS BY ONE OF MY PERSONAL HEROES BURHAM ,I COULD RECEIVE THIS BOOK THANKS TO THE GENEROSITY OF A GREAT RONIN CANE CORSO ,THANKS VERY MUCH .AND FOR THE HUNTERS AND WARRIORS WHO BELONG TO THIS CLUB OF ACCURATERELOADING I CAN RECOMMEND IT ITS FOR YOU WARRIORS AND HUNTERS OF THE WORLD.JUAN

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6367 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Juan: That's one of my favorite books of all time. Great stuff about men cut from the finest cloth.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16506 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
he was a real warrior ,a ronin ,i liked the book a lot ,cane corso gave it to me as a present when he came to my home ill try to compensate it but it will be difficult,i read tactical tracking by sott donelan and there the book was recomended ,tactical tracking was a present of another AR member afrikaander ,a good friend too .JUAN

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6367 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of KWard
posted Hide Post
Juan, I also have that book and your right he was a fascinating man. Have you read Warrior by Peter Hathaway Capstick about the life of Colonel Richard Meinertzhagen? I think you would also like this book if haven't read it. If you trouble finding it let me know. Kevin

Posts: 319 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 31 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Juan:
Another book by a man cut from the same cloth is "A Rifleman goes to War" by McBride. He was a sniper and machinegunner with the Canadians during World War I, and his courage and mastery of gunnery under the very severest conditions will give you the shivers. This book is one of Col. Jeff Cooper's favorites, if you are familiar with him.

– John Green, author

Posts: 16506 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of KWard
posted Hide Post
Bill,Juan McBride's book is a classic, a contemporary is Sniping in France by Maj Hesketh-Prichard. All Col Coopers books are great reads as well. I just spoke to him at the shot show and he is unfortunatly in failing health and in a whell chair. A far cry from when I went through the gunsight classes in the early 90"s with him and he was ramrod tougheven in his late 60's early 70's. Another good book in this theme is Shots Fired In Anger By Col George who was with Merriel's maureders durimg WW2.A few years ago Col George was still shooting highpower rifle at Camp Perry and was a really neat guy to talk to.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
KWard: Sorry to hear that Jeff Cooper is so physically diminished. What a great heart, though, eh?

– John Green, author

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Its a great coincidence but one of my favorites is a rifleman went to war thanks to the col JEFF COOPER this .Ireaded too warrior by Capstick and his wife Fiona excellent do you remember when they speaks about pig sticking ,thats my favorite sport too ,incredible that we love the same books.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
I can say that i grew up reading JEFF COOPER commentaries inthe last page of guns ammo and in the early numbers of sof mags ,some argentines went to gunsite and and they loved it its a pitty that Jeff Cooper dont teachs anymore but hes school is one of the best of the best.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One Of Us
Picture of KWard
posted Hide Post
Juan, I always read your posts as well as Andre's about pig hunting with knives, really intesting,I have hunted bears and pigs with hounds and realize how exciting the finish is, and my experience has only been with handguns, I can only guess how it is with the knives and the dogs and the pigs. later i will send you the title of a great book by Dr Frank hibben about hunting bears and lions with dogs on horseback, but I can't remember the exact title right now.

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
I used hanguns too even for buffalo i prefer a sw 629 44magnum and a glock 40sw for running after the dogs ,i killed some feral rams and goats with my wifes 357 too a colt king cobra ,and i kiled some capibaras with an old 1911 of my father ,in another book of Capstick i believe Death at Lonely places he remembers hunting in choele choel where i hunt with Bilo a well known ph who is 76 now but he knows me and my wifes granfather another well known guide ,there Capstick hunted with dogos and knives one famous dogo DAY DE TREVELIN died there figthing one giant boar so common in that place ,another writer who loved pig sticking was BADEN POWELL and i read that JEFF COOPER said that was the best form to kill a boar ,im a black belt in karate and i practiced a lot with knives so for me is a kind of training Andre practiced wing chun and escrima and he knows a lot about combat and knife hunting ,he gave me a book i recommend you SELOUS SCOUTS BY PETER STIFF.JUAN

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA