THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOOKS AND VIDEOS of INTEREST FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Books And Videos Of Interest    Peter Capstick killing buffaloes with a spear

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Peter Capstick killing buffaloes with a spear
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted
Does anyone remember in which book he wrote about doing this? I've searched his books in my library, but can't find it.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
I remember that...he made the spear out of a leaf spring from an old truck...but alas I forget which book it's in...I'll try to have a look later...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill,
It is in the last chapter of "Death in the Silent Places" and I dislike you tremendously for asking cause I like to have never found it but it was driving me crazy. Smiler Practically had to read all of the books I had by PHC to find it.

Posts: 1330 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
I kept looking until the trick or treaters showed up...nice find!

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Magnum Hunter. Hope you don't hold it against me.

Guess I'm a terrible book scanner and, worse, a terrible detective. Just before I opened this file a few minutes ago, it dawned on me that I should try Googling "Capstick buffalo spear."

I did, and not only found the book, but excepts from the pages where they occurred were shown.

Anyway, thank you again.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote