New
Find
Notify
Tools

my favourites
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Big Game Hunting in Africa by Maj. H C Maydon the book Mellon used as the basis for his book.
My Stalking Memories by Maj R A Wilson about the golden era of New Zealand hunting.
Sambar Stalker by Lu Cervi easily the best book Of Australian hunting in my view. This is still available and Lu is still hunting.

Mark

Posts: 277 | Location: melbourne, australia | Registered: 19 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Big Game Hunting in Africa CJP Ionides bible and a book I enjoyed a great deal, I also liked Maydons Big Game of India. This year I did the hunter education course at Rawson. Lu Cervi was there I'll have to buy his book. My favourite book is Mamba and Maneaters.
Regards Macawber

Posts: 85 | Location: Australia | Registered: 30 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another book I come back to often is "The High Tops of Black Mount" by the Marchioness of Breadalbane. This book is about Red Deer stalking at the beginning of last century. A real favourite.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Mark & Macawber: My wife and I are contemplating an extended vacation down under in about a year. I would like to include a hunt, perhaps to the top end for Asiatic buffalo. What would you suggest for someone basically unfamiliar with Australia who wanted to hunt there and where should they go? Thanks!

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would try mattsafari.com. Matt Graham is a regular contributor to the Australian Hunting net forums,and is always helpful if you have a query.I had a look at his web page and he has some nice looking Buffalo photos.I hope this helps.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Very enticing.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've read Lu Cervi's Sambar Hunter. Its full of good information and he must be a very likable bloke. I'll certainly try to use some of his observations when I next go Sambar hunting.