New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Gun Book Company
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just want to alert people of this company. I received a book for a Christmas gift and was to have received a signed collectors edition but received the trade edition. The person paid $150 for the signed book but the book I received cost $60. I have been trying to contact these people since 12/27 and just get the answering machine and now the voice mail box is "full".

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Die Ou Jagter:
I just want to alert people of this company. I received a book for a Christmas gift and was to have received a signed collectors edition but received the trade edition. The person paid $150 for the signed book but the book I received cost $60. I have been trying to contact these people since 12/27 and just get the answering machine and now the voice mail box is "full".

This company sells through Alibris, AbeBooks and others who guarantee the book to be as represented. You might ask the gift giver if he purchased the book directly or through one of the big web sites which make the guarantee. In any case, if telephone is failing you can email the seller directly through the Alibris web site. Just google "the Gun Book Company" and you will see the Alibris web site.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And if that doesn't work, you could file a police complaint in their county. Not likely to generate a lot of interest from the LEO's unless there are a lot, but won't help their business.

Posts: 10013 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yesterday, the company got in touch with the person that gave the book to me and they are going to refund the full purchase price and I should keep the book. OK

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote