Find
Notify
Tools

George Hoffman
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted
Alan Bunn is preparing to publish an article about George Hoffman in his on-line magazine African Expedition ( http://www.africanxmag.com/ ) and needs some photos of Hoffman. The only ones we can find are pictures of the cover of Hoffman's book A Country Boy In Africa.

If anyone has photos of George Hoffman, could you please scan them and email them to Alan or me.

Also, if anyone has a copy of Hoffman's book, I think there are a number of b&w pictures illustrating it--could you scan some and forward them along? I don't have a copy and there are none available in local libraries.

Finally, if anyone knows members of George's family and can ask them for photos and permission to use them, it would be much appreciated.

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1548 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
I suggest Bunn first contact Ellen Enzler-Herring of Trophy Room Books, the publisher of George's book, to learn if permission in writing is needed to publish photos from it.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
I have George's book. If the CW would allow, I will be happy to provide some scans.

George was an idol. He should be remembered as such.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote