THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOOKS AND VIDEOS of INTEREST FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Books And Videos Of Interest    What is fair market price for Speed's Original Oberndorf Sporting Rifles?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is fair market price for Speed's Original Oberndorf Sporting Rifles?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of vagrouser
posted
I know these are scarce and in demand, but having trouble finding comps...

Thanks

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of vagrouser
posted Hide Post
Thanks Steve. I'm a little dubious of some of these prices-I'd be a seller all day long at what many of these booksellers are asking.

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
The obvious things like condition & rarity of the particular version have a lot to do with it but of course there's always some looking for a quick sale, some looking for a fair price & some holding out for a high price....... just like most things in life I guess.

I suppose all you can do is look to see the high & low prices asked & then decide how much you want to sell and/or need the money & then set your price accordingly...... Alternatively, why not contact one of those that are advertising a high price copy & see what they'll offer you for your copy. Smiler

We've got one book on the site that the guy is asking something in the region of US$225K...... it's been on there for a very long time but he knows how rare it is & is obviously willing to hold on until the right buyer comes along....... & I guess, sooner or later they will.

FWIW, the high book value that ALWAYS surprises me is on the old Rowland Ward books...... Damn but they're expensive for what they are! bewildered

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vagrouser:
Thanks Steve. I'm a little dubious of some of these prices-I'd be a seller all day long at what many of these booksellers are asking.

Asking and getting are two different things.

I am amazed at the price differences that exist on Amazon for 2nd hand books - hundreds of dollars difference for not a huge change in condition.

Previously 500N with many thousands of posts !

Posts: 1815 | Location: Australia | Registered: 16 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vagrouser
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the discussion guys. I ask b/c I've accumulated a small library of books and found I don't have time to read them, or have read them once and am unlikely to do so again. With another move coming up, I'm debating selling some of these off.
I did some basic searches and like 505G, I've been surprised at the big price discrepancies seen on alibris, amazon, etc. for similarly conditioned titles. As is clear, asking and getting are two different things and mutually fair pricing can be challenging for those not well acquainted with the market.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 1st. edition,100% W/ dust jacket of course.I was not aware of a shortage of this fine book.Don't know if I want to sell it but you can certainly make me an offer.
I know this should be on the classified page but I did not enter with intention to sell.

Posts: 4252 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vagrouser
posted Hide Post
Hi, should have clarified- not looking to buy as I've got a couple myself. Thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vagrouser, my most abject appologies for a misunderstanding.Enjoy your books.Blessed reading,R.

Posts: 4252 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote