New
Find
Notify
Tools

Books by Gene Hill - help on a selection
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have recently become a fan of Gene Hill having read A Listening Walk. Are there other books out there by Hill that you would recomend or are a collection of his essays?
He wrote some books called "Tailfeathers" or "Mostly Tailfeathers" I think.

Posts: 10207 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hill Country is a wonderful book writen by a classic american author.

You will love it!

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
ditto on Hill Country.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GunCat
posted Hide Post
My modest Gene Hill collection includes:

A Hunter's Fireside Book, Passing a Good Time, Mostly Tailfeathers, Tears and Laughter, Hill Country, & Outdoor Yarns and Outright Lies. My favorite is whichever one I read last.

I’ve been reading Hill’s work since I was a kid in the mid 1970’s. Every autumn when the leaves start to turn I open one of these books and visit his people and places once more.

Steve Rose
----------
Rose Action Sports, LLC
www.roseactionsports.com

Posts: 189 | Location: Western Kentucky | Registered: 02 November 2007Reply With Quote