Find
Notify
Tools

My Book - All Ratings Authorized
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted
I can't remember doing any shameless self-promotion about my book in this forum so here it goes. It is about my uncle, Harry Bernard, and tells tales of his life in the cockpit over the span of about 60 years and 35,000 flight hours. I wrote the book in an attempt to preserve all those stories I heard as a kid and to make sure his accomplishments and contributions did not simply vanish into the ether as so many do. It is written in a conversational/interview style and offers something to just about every reader. Unlike many memoirs, I tried to eliminate all of the minutiae that seems to permeate works of this nature and get straight to the heart of the stories.

You can visit my website at www.BaxterByrd.com to find out more and read a few excerpts and even, by golly, order one if you'd like! I am happy to sign them and I send them out in a flat-rate mailer so if you know anyone who might enjoy the book, I should be able to easily get it to you in time to wrap it up and put it under the tree or in a stocking.

Thanks for having a look and feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions. To any potential dealers, quantity discounts are available.

Thanks for looking,

Baxter

One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
Baxter Have you been in contact with any Alaskan booksellers? Aviation books are pretty popular up here!
Jim

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1409 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
I wrote the book in an attempt to preserve all those stories I heard as a kid and to make sure his accomplishments and contributions did not simply vanish into the ether as so many do.

tu2

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
are you charging for this book?

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Yep. Just check out the Order page on my site, the details lie within.