New
Find
Notify
Tools

Karamojo Safari by WDM Bell
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Fascinating book! Very good read and fun to boot. I was amazed the how he chose to hunt elephants and the gun he used.

This is mostly about one long safari he took and the results. Many stories within the story and fun to read. It does not equal Selous's book but is very good and worth the time to read it.

Posts: 10201 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dogcat - I think "the wanderings of an Elephant Hunter" was his best book but they are all worth the read. His Autobiography (written for his family and then published after his death) - "Bell of Africa" explains alot about the man. - by the end of WWI he had outgrown fear, and he was obviously not of the timmid type to begin with. Wink

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ganyana,
I agree with you. "The Wanderings of an Elephant Hunter" is excellent. I am looking for a reasonably priced copy of "Bell of Africa" but have yet to locate it.

Posts: 10201 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have an original - Not for sale. Safari Press republished it a couple of years back. Give Ludo a shout.

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will do. thanks for the tip.