Find
Notify
Tools

SAFARI: A Chronicle Of Adventure
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
 -

SAFARI: A Chronicle Of Adventure is the first history of the great African safaris. It is the story of 150 years of the ultimate adventure, from the firts safari in 1836, as Cornwallis Harris walked across the Transvaal with his double barrle rifle and ox-wagons, discovering the hunter's Garden of Eden, to the last of the great professional hunters, as they struggle today to carry on their traditiona in the swamps of Tanzania and the high forests of Ethiopia.

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is a wonderful book. My favorite photo is of the horse the German Schutztruppen had painted with stripes to "camouflage" it as a zebra.

Are all of these books from your collection? If so, you have an incredible library. -Fred

quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
 -

SAFARI: A Chronicle Of Adventure is the first history of the great African safaris. It is the story of 150 years of the ultimate adventure, from the firts safari in 1836, as Cornwallis Harris walked across the Transvaal with his double barrle rifle and ox-wagons, discovering the hunter's Garden of Eden, to the last of the great professional hunters, as they struggle today to carry on their traditiona in the swamps of Tanzania and the high forests of Ethiopia.

Posts: 207 | Location: Nicolet National Forest, WI, USA | Registered: 21 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is the book that finally made me decide to go over there and go hunting. Now I will spend the rest of my days trying to get back there!!

Posts: 331 | Location: DeBeque, Co. | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote