New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boddington "African Experience" -- DVD
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone see Craig Boddington's latest video "African Experience"....?

It has a 3 hour run time and claims detailed coverage of hunting across the continent...

What did you think? Worth the $40.00....?

African Experience

Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
I have that DVD and its ecellent, places to go, what to carry , what animals to consider, its a very good guide which i will be using for mye trip to Africa later this year.

Its a great guide film and very good.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
If it's half as good as his "Hunting Cape Buffalo" DVD it'll be well worth it.

Posts: 1244 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have Boddington's African experience book and thoroughly enjoyed it.I own his Buffalo and leopard DVDs , and enjoyed them as well. Those DVDs are nearly 3 hours each, lots of info and good quality footage. But, Boddington is a chatty guy, and each of those could have been trimmed down without any overall reduction in quality. I bought the African experience DVD, based on what I like in the book, and the other two DVDs. I was disappointed,due to poor sound quality in the sitting room chair/discussion segments.It too is three hours long, and much of the how to info was repeated from the other two DVDs. Less talking segments, more hunting segments with added dialogue would have been better. I was pissed off enough with the sound quality, I phoned Safari Press( I ordered from them) to express my dismay. They don't do returns/exchanges on DVDs, so I have a DVD I likely won't watch again.

Posts: 132 | Location: Fort Nelson, BC | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I didn't enjoy it at all...just 2+ hours of Craig going on and on and on...with no real action

The Buff and Leopard video were much better

Andre

Posts: 266 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am thinking of placing an order for the DVD.

Was there much talk of rifles and calibers...?

Alot of talk doesn't bother me if it's meaningful....

Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote