THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOOKS AND VIDEOS of INTEREST FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Books And Videos Of Interest    African Epic - the story of Paul "Kambada" Grobler

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

African Epic - the story of Paul "Kambada" Grobler
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Wow, what a story of a still living, modern day entrepenuer, rancher, croc farmer, elephant hunter/culler. I was amazed.

Richard Harland writes the autobiography of Grobler from a close first hand basis as he was steered into the hunting business by Grobler at a very young age. Harland is an excellent writer and story teller.

This book will give you a view of what it was like to be raised in the "old days" in Rhodesia, go through the changes from colony to self rule to black majority rule to chaos and how this remarkable man and his family came through it.

I was amazed at the abilities of Grobler to take on nearly any task from fish and croc farming to cropping thousands of elephants and building a hide, meat and fertilizer processing facility to flying small planes everywhere (and crashing a couple) to being attacked by thugs and surviving to scuba diving to recover a sunken fish processing boat in the Lake Kariba.

This is a can't miss-don't miss book that I highly recommend. After you have cut your teeth on Ruark and Selous - fast forward to the 1940's-1980's and enjoy this great book.

On a 1 to 10 scale with 10 being Ruark or Selous or Corbett - I give this one a 9.

Posts: 10255 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm a new member of Accurate Reloading and just saw your generous comments on my books - Thank You! You might be interested in my latest "Ndlovu - The Art of Hunting the African Elephant".

Posts: 78 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
After reading "The Hunting Imperitive", I obtained both "Ndlovu" and "African Epic". Haven't read them yet, but they are in the queue.

I thorougly enjoyed The Hunting Imperitive. I learned of that book from a post Saeed made on an excerpt dealing with I believe the man who hunted buffalo with only a spear.

Any new books in the works?

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
African Epic is very good. Talk about a real pioneer. Paul Grobler was a true renaissance fellow.

Mike

Posts: 21349 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Harland,
I enjoy you books and your style. Thanks for writing them.
Ross

Posts: 10255 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote