THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOOKS AND VIDEOS of INTEREST FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Books And Videos Of Interest    The Hunting Paradise - Marco Polo in the Pamirs (DVD)

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Hunting Paradise - Marco Polo in the Pamirs (DVD)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just finished watching this DVD from Safari Press on Marco Polo/Mid-Asian Ibex hunting in the Pamirs of Tadjikistan. It was produced by a Norwegian filming out fit featuring a Norwegian mountain hunting expert in this area of the world.

Overall, this was not a high quality video. The filming was a bit amateurish and slow. On the positive side, it portrayed the hunting fairly well but left out the accomodations, and any sort of interaction between the hunters and guides. The scenery was superb and the hunt sequences were well filmed, but the dvd lacked any sort of connection to the hunter or guide.

The video is done in Norwegian with sub-titles.

The subject, Marco Polo and Ibex, has not been filmed much. This could have been better. Overall I would rate it a 6 on a 10 scale. I doubt I will watch it twice, but it was worth trying. I was little surprised that Safari Press sponsored this one but you never know what the public will like.

Posts: 10207 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I have found that Hunters Video produces some of the best hunting DVDS made. Not everyone they make is gold, but they try.

Posts: 7769 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote