Find
Notify
Tools

Something of Value
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of TNDave59
posted
I’m looking for a copy of “Something of Value” by Robert Ruark. I have copies of many of his books and would really like to find an early copy of this one. Please let me know if any has a copy you would like to offer up for sale.

Posts: 69 | Location: NE Tennessee  | Registered: 17 May 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Safari press carries it in H.B. but it a new publication.You might check Amazon,I have bought several vintage books there.Several years ago at the Dallas Safari Club meeting I picked up a 1st edition Uhuro for $35.00.They are out there. Try Amazon.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
eBay has a 1st for 20$ starting.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now if it was only signed,what a treasure that would be.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TNDave59
posted Hide Post
I looked at the copies on eBay, if it wasn’t for a 3 year old grandson I’d probably go for a first edition, especially if signed. I did end up buying a copy from safari press. I think if I found a signed copy, I’d probably have to hock the bank and buy it

Posts: 69 | Location: NE Tennessee  | Registered: 17 May 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TNDave59:
I looked at the copies on eBay, if it wasn’t for a 3 year old grandson I’d probably go for a first edition, especially if signed. I did end up buying a copy from safari press. I think if I found a signed copy, I’d probably have to hock the bank and buy it

I got a signed first edition of “I didn’t know it was loaded” for $30. Came out of George Roosevelt’s (FDR cousin) estate. Granted, not as collectible as SOV, but the price was right. ;-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have quite a few signed additions on several subjects but for here I will confine to 1 by Bill Jordan,several from Jeff cooper + the reprint from SP of Horn Of the Hunter w/ a new forward + signed by Harry Selby.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh,forgot about "Unrepentant Sinner" by Charles Askins,probably have more but when you have a bunch it can be hard to remember.Hope my kids have a clue to what they're worth when I go.Everybody wants a find but I would hate to see them get shafted.

One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
If a person read and admires Robert Ruark's books another must read is View From A Tall Hill by Terry Weiland. It's more of a critical bio of Ruark's heydays ,,

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1409 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote