New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting New Novel.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just finished reading "White Heat," a new novel written by Paul D. Marks. I found it very interesting and very well written. It involves "hunting." "Manhunting," that is.

The story follows a former U.S.Navy SEAL, "Duke" Rogers, a private investigator in Los Angeles, who investigates a seemingly random murder, for which he is obliquely responsible. His involvement, although innocent compels him to seek out the murderer. Due to his investigation, he suddenly finds himself smack dab in the middle of the 1992 Los Angeles South Central riots, aka the "Rodney King Riots." Because the police have very little to go on to solve the murder, plus they are involved in trying to control the riots, Rogers is obsessed with finding the murderer.

As various leads force complication piled on complication, Rogers' frustrations multiply. Also, the physical danger to him increases exponentially as he moves in and out of the riot areas, dealing with participants and innocent people of all ethnic backgrounds, who are affected by the riots. The characters are well drawn and believable, both the bad people and the good.

When P.I. "Duke" Rogers encounters life threatening physical confrontations, his SEAL training and experiences give him an edge that even the odds against him. That and his 9mm pistol and boot knife.

I was very impressed with the style of writing, plus the research the author, Paul D. Marks, must have done, to make this a very readable novel. A real "page turner." Also, as I lived in Los Angeles during the riots of 1992, I am very well aware that the riot incidents in "White Heat" are very authentic. The author did his homework.

Here is where you can get a copy. It is also available on Kindle.

http://www.amazon.co...ks/e/B005G8TNQ8

Enjoy your read.

L.W.

"A 9mm bullet may expand but a .45 bullet sure ain't gonna shrink."

Posts: 349 | Location: S.W. Idaho | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
Thanks leanwolf,,it's going on the kindle shortly!

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1409 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote