THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOOKS AND VIDEOS of INTEREST FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Books And Videos Of Interest    Great place to buy books (Africana and much more)

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great place to buy books (Africana and much more)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted
I was first referred to Dr Jim Casada by Harry Selby when I was looking for reference material for a paper I was writing on the Mau-Mau Rebellion.

I've bought several books from Dr Casada over the years and all transactions have been well handled and free of any drama. Any books he's authored or prefaced/edited, he kindly inscribes as well. He has approximately 700 books on Africana alone.

Jim Casada's books for sale

I visited Jim this morning and he generously showed me around his library, taught me a bit more about one of my favorite authors (Rutledge), and I walked out with twice as many books as I'd planned to buy. I asked if he'd mind me advertising for him on this forum and he consented.

If you decide to buy from him, please tell him "Colonel Matt" sent you his way -- I'd like to visit him again and need to stay in his good graces...

Posts: 1245 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tried to buy books from him a few years ago and he didn't seem interested. I guess world economics changes things.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for bringing Jim's details to my attention Matt.
I must say - I have nothing but great things to report about Jim and the trouble he has gone to in the last four weeks to facilitate the sale of a selection of books to me. Here Down Under our banks prefer us to make overseas payments via internet transfers. Jim wasn't set up for this and nor was his local branch. He set up an account and did the hard yards to make it all happen and despite my bank pissing about we eventually got it done. On top of that I discovered he insured my purchases and forgot to bill me - I owe you on that count Jim. Looking through his online catalogue he has some good deals on some hard to find books. Yesterday I just received my first copy of his e-newsletter and it was full of interesting stuff including a couple of recipes.
In my experience Jim is a true gentleman so thanks again Matt .

Posts: 460 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not hating on anyone. Just stating an experience.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck with Jim, just bought a book within the month. Although I do not understand his obvious disdain for Hugh Foster's book on Ruark...every time he mentions it he takes a jab at the book on it's unevenness and whatnot. It seems there is something personal going on that shows itself in print. In fact, I enjoyed hugh's book far more than the recent Alan Ritchie version. For all of Hugh's book's faults, I found Ruark Remembered poorly edited and confusing in the way quotes or attributed statements were handled.