New
Find
Notify
Tools

JUST RELEASED : NEW DOUBLE RIFLE BOOK
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
new book "DOUBLE RIFLES"- 200 pages with over 250 colour photographs covering all the action types, sidelocks and the various breech systems, plus topics like soldered versus free swinging barrels, barrel adjustments, scopes for different hunting situations, scope mounting systems, care and breaking in of a new double rifle AND MORE.

features over 250 colour photos of some of Englands and Europes best double rifles - even a Searcy.

THIS BOOK HAS IT ALL ! $50.00 plus shipping

ORDER " DOUBLE RIFLES" FROM:

CROWN-PRESS@HOTMAIL.COM

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
pic for Tom

Posts: 418 | Location: WI | Registered: 28 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomo577:
CROWN PRESS has a new book on double rifles - 200 pages with over 250 colour photographs covering all the action types, sidelocks and the various breech systems, plus topics like soldered versus free swinging barrels, barrel adjustments, scopes for different hunting situations, scope mounting systems, care and breaking in of a new double rifle AND MORE.

features over 250 colour photos of some of englands and europes best double rifles - even a searcy.
THIS BOOK HAS IT ALL ! $50.00 plus shipping CROWN-PRESS@HOTMAIL.COM
TOM ONDRUS 814 859 0008 TILL MIDNIGHT EAST COAST TIME

Tom who is the author, and what is the name of the book?
This sounds like a book I'd like to have in my collection!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the warning. This I must avoid at all costs. I have always yearned/lusted for a double rifle and now cannot afford one without mortgaging my soul to the devil. Further temptations not needed. But what the hell, satisfying a lust for a double rifle by buying the book is like buying Playboy. Seeing things you will never have - maybe. sofa

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks.
Where can I find more info?
Any internet site?
Martin

Double Rifle Shooters Society member from Argentina.
My doubles:
.577 Snider by W.Richards.
.58" ML by Pedersoli

Posts: 358 | Location: Bahia Blanca - Argentina | Registered: 14 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Has anyone bought this book? I love anything involving Double rifles, and good books, on that subject, are rare. This one sounds nice, but I love to know more about it.
Tom is really a good guy, but I think someone pissed him off right out of the starting gate, and he quit on this!

I collect any fire arm that has more than one barrel, and books on them as well, so if anyone has any first hand knowledge on this book, I'd love the hear the report here, or by PM, E-mail or any other way! The cover looks nice, but as one knows, you can't judge a book by it's cover!
Confused Confused Confused

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
First post and I am sorry to be negative.

Has anyone else found this book to be virtually unreadable? It is a poor translation, obviously the translator doesn’t have a clue about what double rifles are about and their nomenclature. I am sorry to say that the proofreading is also a dismal failure i.e. broken sentences repeated sentences very poor word choice etc. The editor should apologize for this book. Other than that it is a visually beautiful book and would be helpful if it was readable. Get the original in German it would be clearer. Again I am sorry to be negative but there has to be minimal standards.

Next?
Jordon

Posts: 81 | Location: North Midwest USA | Registered: 10 January 2009Reply With Quote