Find
Notify
Tools

Jack O'Connor the Complete Works?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted
I would appreciate it greatly if someone could clue me in on the complete works of Jack O'Connor.

I once collected about half of them, including some of the bigger ones, but decided my nomadic life wasn't for nice books.

I would say there is a 99% chance I am moving back to the USA for good next year, and I want to get going on my collections again.

thanks again,

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
Dr. Jim Casada has edited at least 2 books containing O'Conner's work. Maybe not fully comprehensive, but a very good start.

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
http://www.outdoorlife.com/art...9/books-jack-oconnor

Don't know if this list is complete, but the Outdoor Life website claims it is.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Bill, thank you for that link. I have often wondered how his early fiction stacks up. I was an Outdoor Life kid, so Jack (and not Elmer) was my hero. Good writer, too.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16419 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link Bill. Reading Jack in my budding years told me that a M-70 270 was God's gift to us all.I have found other preferable calibres(to me) in those years from there to now.Yes Jack + Elmer were not friends by any means,the diatribe at the time is when they meet up ftf what will happen? I do recall a couple of instances of their interaction;both were polite.

Posts: 4247 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
I just visited the JOC museum in Lewiston Idaho last week, again. I was also at the Grande Opening 6 years ago, invited by his son Brad...a friend of over 30 years. Jack was my hero too as a kid and I owe his writings to my avid pursuit of hunting in later years... especially his stories of hunting Brown Bear from old fishing trollers in SE Alaska...a hunt I actually carried out in 1990 in similar fashion with great friends on an old 1930 classic yacht as base camp...
Jack wrote 16 hard cover books, including two novels, and many soft covered books as well. They have the full collection on display at the museum and they do have a few extra copies for sale as well....old original printings.
Check out the website- www.jack-oconnor.org.
I don't have the list but I will bet that if you send the Exec Dir an e-mail, he will send you one- director@jack-oconnor.org
BTW-while I was at the museum I saw the Roger Biesen Custom 375H&H for the next fund raising raffle...absolutely SPECTACULAR!! He completed 4 "clones" of the original JOC famous Al Biesen featherweight Win-70 custom 270...I didn't win one of them either!! Only 1000 tickets to be sold aat $20 or 5 for $100...a great supporting opportunity for this great little museum!
I am looking for JOC book CONQUEST to complete my collection.
Cheers

470EDDY

Posts: 2573 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote