Find
Notify
Tools

Mayby I have to buy some more Books...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Safari Press Limited Editions

The stock market may be down, but smart investors know good books increase in value.

Safari Press limited editions are wise investments.

Buy now before they are sold out!

Safari Press limited editions increase in value over time.

Here are some examples:

Author/Title Current Value* Issue Price
Almeida/Jaguar Hunting! $650.00 $37.50
Anderson/Jack O'Connor $500.00 $125.00
Annabel/Alaskan Adventures $200.00 $50.00
Boddington/Buffalo! $225.00 $85.00
Capstick/A Man Called Lion $350.00 $85.00
Nyschens/Months of the Sun $350.00 $100.00
Pardal/Elephant Hunting in E. Africa $425.00 $140.00
Sanchez/Hunting in Tanzania $1,250.00 $125.00
Sanchez/The Last of the Few $385.00 $85.00

Purchase your copies now before they sell out & increase in price.

* Prices recorded from antiquarian book dealers, auctions and the internet in recent months.

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would tickled to death to sell my copies of Boddington's book and Nychens book for those prices. If you can still buy from Safari Press at the issue price, why would you pay those inflated prices online somewhere?

Seems this is an effort to creat a feeding frenzy much like the owners of Model 70's did a couple of years ago and now that Winchester is making M70's again, prices are dropping on the "older but better" guns.

Posts: 10244 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
would tickled to death to sell my copies of Boddington's book and Nychens book for those prices. If you can still buy from Safari Press at the issue price, why would you pay those inflated prices online somewhere?

But crazy Americans will pay this redicoulos book price Wink

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

one of us
posted Hide Post
dogcat,
I agree, but there is also merit in what's suggested ... but it's a crap shoot what a book will do even if a limited edition. Currently I'm collecting Australian hunting books by local authors, and trying to send them to the authors for signing in the hope they may be worth something someday.

In Australia there will be a 3 volume set of books dealing just with Sambar hunting released, Vol 1 has been on sale for 12 months (and was reprinted), Vol 2 just released, with Vol 3 to come. These books are unique on the World scene ... I'm buying one of each!!

So many good books ... so little time!!
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Con,
I agree with you. Like anything, picking the ones that appreciate are hard to do.

PS - I agree with your very last comment!!!

Posts: 10244 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote