Find
Notify
Tools

Wayne Van Zwoll more please!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted
I really like Dr Zwoll's style of writing and his personality when on TV.

Does anyone have a good list of all the stuff he has done so I can buy it?

Or possibly a website?

Or a point of contact?

I have never personally met him, and he might be an elitist of the highest fashion or he might be the most humble man on the planet I don't know, but I am impressed with what I have seen.

Anyone who can write an enchanting little story about the wonderful Savage M99 rifle with such a perfect execution and completeness of information has my vote.

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
I know Wayne and he is anything but an elitist. He is talented, humble, ethical and religious. He deserves your vote. I'll see if I can find an email address for you.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill!

I didn't think he was an elitist.

I remember a episode of Peterson's Hunting where he was hunting Ibex in Spain, and he didn't end up taking a shot as when it was his turn to shoot the only shot he was presented was a very far and very quick shot at a fleeting ibex.

Then he took a breath, stepped back and said "now, why didn't I take that shot", and went on to tell the viewer that if he didn't have a 90% chance of killing the animal he didn't shoot.

Really impressed me.

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MOA TACTICAL:
I really like Dr Zwoll's style of writing and his personality when on TV.

Does anyone have a good list of all the stuff he has done so I can buy it?

Or possibly a website?

Or a point of contact?

I have never personally met him, and he might be an elitist of the highest fashion or he might be the most humble man on the planet I don't know, but I am impressed with what I have seen.

Anyone who can write an enchanting little story about the wonderful Savage M99 rifle with such a perfect execution and completeness of information has my vote.

He generally speaks at some of the shows in Reno, specifically SCI. He has been kind enough to take some of my "after-seminar" personal questions as have a number of other personalities. Generally, I have found the SCI seminar speakers to be eminently approachable.

As a bit of a Savage 99 fan, to what story are you referring.

One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
It was in Boone and Crocket Club's Fair Chase Magazine.

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
PM sent to MOA Tactical.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote