Find
Notify
Tools

The Hunting Blackbeards of Botswana
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted
In my humble opinion, a really entertaining book recounting several generations of a hunting family, that should be in every library of those who love hunting in Africa and especially those who have hunted Botswana. For those who are nervous around snakes, there are some sad and tragic accounts.
Edited by the late Brian Marsh and put out by Rowland Ward.
ISBN 978-0-9584939-8-7

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gerhard.Delport
posted Hide Post
Brilliant book as part of my collection.

Intersting way of learning how to do emergency medical procedures in those days...

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
Capture Your African Moments
Hunting Outfitter (MP&LP)
Proffesional Hunter (MP&LP)
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agreed, a very fun read and interesting.

Posts: 10153 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I liked it. It is a keeper.

Posts: 41783 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I enjoyied it. Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3338 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Um, Doug, did you say "snakes"?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16389 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Yup, read the book, a bit of a bugger as they say around here.

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Just take the stories recounted in the book with a bit of a grain of salt . . . I am aware of at least one story in the book that bears little resemblance to reality.

Mike

Posts: 21215 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, Thanks. I had a hunch. Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3338 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote