New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elmer Keith Safari what a book
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have been an Elmer Keith Fan for 35 years now.I grew up on that old man.I have read all his books except Safari which I wanted to read last anyway.Its an awesome book.It makes you feel like your right there with him.He was 69 on this safari and still kicking ass.He shoots the big double 465 like a 20 ga sxs.He knew those guns by heart from shooting them.He also uses his 33 O.K.H. in this book.I have 4 copiies in all..I am glad I got them its a rare book.Its becoming one of my favorite books I ever read of his.If you have never read any of his books you should.

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I ordered mine straight from Elmer himself in December of 1981. I still have the envelope he shipped it in, addressed by him.
He signed the book for me and the really great thing was he went through the book and corrected by hand all the mistakes, such as wrong captions under pics, and other print errors.
I seem to remember I sent him a check for $15 and I had the book about 5 days later. I only wish I would have bought one of all the books he had to sell at the time.
There are some really nice guns pictured in that book...only wish I could have met him.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep all my copies but one have the corrections in them.I want to get Keiths Rifles for Large GameSigned.Thats an awesome book too .Its said Pondero copied his rifle book from it.They are very similar.

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote