Find
Notify
Tools

New Acquisitions
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted
I have finally managed to obtain a copy of Major P J Pretorius' book, JUNGLE MAN. At the same time I obtained the following; John F Burger's AFRICAN BUFFALO TRAILS and Robert Foran's The ELEPHANT HUNTERS of the LADO.
In militaria, I found a copy of BAREFOOT SOLDIER, Johnson Beharry VC. An excellent read.

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scriptus,info on Barefoot soldier please.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Norman, as follows " Barefoot Soldier Johnson Beharry VC" ISBN 978-0-7515-3879-3
It is the story of his life, born in Grenada, growing up there until joining the British Army, his actions in the Afghan Theater and his subsequent winning the VC due to his courage in two actions.
For further information, google him and "if" you have an an e-mail, I could forward some items of interest. Beharry is quite a charater, on one occassion refusing to shake Prime Minister Gordon Brown's hand.

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote